Axe Edit/Axe FX (Cab Relinking)

indeloon85

Inspired
I’m curious if this is a feature in either the Axe Fx or Axe Edit....I feel that this is simple enough to implement if it isn’t and would save so much time.

Yesterday I went thru my Axe FX purging both presets and cabs I didn’t use. With the huge amount of cabs you can import into the Axe fx I found myself moving cabs around to be more organized and not have gaps where cabs have been deleted.

As many here have probably found when doing a similar task, you will get an “empty” notation in the cab block or a random cab that was sitting in the space that the preset was looking at, pushing you to then go and find the cab you were using. And with how many cabs/presets this thing holds, this can be very time consuming.

Is it possible to simply relink the cab that was once used in the preset? It could be as simple as just a relink by name since the naming of cabs don’t necessarily change.

Thanks!

Presets reference cab slots or addresses, not particular IR's. There's no way to index what cab IRs are stored where. Even if it stored the last saved location, there's noting to prevent that from being an empty or random cab as well if you are moving lots of things around. Even the factory cabs change from time to time via firmware updates. Fractool has some batch editing capabilites, but I'm not sure if it would be able to replace specific cab selections or not.

Edit: Looks like the Cab List can show you which presets use a particular cab. You can then use the batch setter to change the cab selection on that list of preset numbers to point to the new location of the cab after moving it.

Last edited:
Presets reference cab slots or addresses, not particular IR's. There's no way to index what cab IRs are stored where. Even if it stored the last saved location, there's noting to prevent that from being an empty or random cab as well if you are moving lots of things around. Even the factory cabs change from time to time via firmware updates. Fractool has some batch editing capabilites, but I'm not sure if it would be able to replace specific cab selections or not.

Edit: Looks like the Cab List can show you which presets use a particular cab. You can then use the batch setter to change the cab selection on that list of preset numbers to point to the new location of the cab after moving it.

Thank you Mr Fender! I'll have to check out that option in Cab List! With the capabilities of the axe fx, I feel like it would be so useful to write a simple code for the preset to remember the cab name, and be able to relink to that name if it ends up changing. Maybe its more complicated than I think.

Either way, I will definitely check out that Cab List option! Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom