AX8 Midi?

Robboman

Fractal Fanatic
Can MIDI in be used like an interface over USB? I know there is no USB audio...

Use case in mind - plug an old MIDI keyboard into AX8 MIDI in and control VST piano in DAW. Can it be done?

I don't think so. Most decent sound cards have a midi port. just get one. I recommend the Roland Quad-capture.

Manual:

MIDI THRU OFF/ON
Turning this ON forwards MIDI data received at the MIDI IN port to the MIDI OUT port, where it is soft-merged with regular outbound MIDI.

Thanks,

I looked at the manual and I find it inconclusive for my question.. maybe I just don't get it.

What I want to do is pass my external MIDI control sysex 'thru' the AX8... but not to MIDI OUT, to the USB link up to the PC. I think communication between hardware and PC (as with Edit or FractalBot) is already done using MIDI sysex encapsulated in USB.

BTW, the only reason I'm asking is that I recently switched from a Presonus Studiolive 16.0.2 mixer to their new Studio 192 rackmount audio interface, and the 192 has no MIDI ports. Just wondering if I'm going to have to buy another interface for MIDI for the odd time I want to connect my old MIDI gear to my DAW. Be nice bonus if AX8 had me covered. :)

Back
Top Bottom