?ax8. fm9 and fm3

owned an ax8,fm9 and fm3.and played them all live.recently I have gone back to the ax8.not because it sounded better but my main and pretty much only reason is what the screen showed me on the ax8.i was able to see what scenes I was on ,most important effects and there bypass state. this is invaluable to me never had to guess or hope I engaged a chorus or drive with a long press like on the fm9 or fm3.. I can't tell you how many times this was an issue in a live performance.shit: is my phaser engaged or not? I really
hope they can come up with a screen that does exactly what the ax8 screen does.

Attachments

• IMG_6474.jpeg
    IMG_6474.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 12
Limitations make displaying info easier for sure.

What info would you want to see on the screen? The hold functions only? Custom where everyone has to make that screen for every preset they use?

Custom would be optimal.. i find myself so comfortable using the ax8 live so i would do something similar to what i have now. . maybe even the change the grid sizes to incorporate more or less items ..whatever you want.. i don’t want to guess during a live performance or have someone tell me to turn my flange off.. i know you can’t have everything on the there, but like the perform screen the most crucial..would really like to see an ax8. 2in the future.ax 8 with new multifunction switches and the tactile amp knobs with a multifunctional screen..it just might be as close to perfect then.

Last edited:
I find the OFM9G layout very helpful in this way - one press to FX layout so that I can see what is on or off. I was happy to be able to magnify the display, but really don't use it. I find I'm either briefly in the Scenes layout or hanging out in the Effects layout, and get exactly the info I need there. maybe a new paradigm is in order for a new product?

It is also helpful to have the effects reset on a Press change. I often re-choose the preset I'm already on just to reset it while playing or at the beginning of a new song. I have the scenes set to retain effects changes and presets set to lose them.

Reactions: Rex
Back
Top Bottom