AX8 factory IR not working in signal chain

Hey there everyone, I just picked up an AX8 off Reverb for what I felt was a great price, but I am having some issues with it.

This is my third AX8 I have owned. I also own a Axe FX II XL+ and I feel I am somewhat savvy with the controls and edits of fractal systems.

I am running this AX8 through a Line 6 Powercab with the setting on Flat Response.
When I start with a blank signal chain and add an amp block with an IR (one stock from the AX8), the chain is not seeing or responding to the cab block, therefore it sounds extremely fizzy as it would if you were to play with just the amp in the chain. I have bypassed the cab and either bypassed or unbypassed, the sound coming out is the same. I have removed the cab from the signal chain and I still get the same sound (tone).

My Powercab does have IRs and when I switch from flat response to a loaded cab (creamback 30s) the fractals amp signal is getting colored by the Powercab IRs.

Problem is I have other modelers that have internal IRs and don't want to have one modeler that I will have to switch the cab setting for.

I looked to do a factory reset on the unit, but I can't find out how to do that either.

If anyone could help me out with this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Factory reset:

1. Press Shift button
2. Press Store button
3. Use E knob to select #3 Utility
4. Press Enter
5. Press Page button over to Reset tab

But as wrote above still check if Cab Modeling is Off or On. Set to ON.

Where do I find the "cab on/off" setting?
I apologize, but I can't even find the utilities menu. I have been through all of the tabs on top of Ax Edit and don't see where you can bypass or engage the cab. I tried all of the menus on the AX8 itself.

Thanks again.
Gary

Got it and it was bypassed.

1)from front panel, hit shift, then store/setup
The setup menu should now appear
2)using rotary knob E, turn to highlight 1:global....then hit enter
3) using rotary E scroll one down to CABINET MODELING
4USING ROTARY D, turn to disable(bypassed)
Hit EXIT twice

Problem solved and thank you!!!

Back
Top Bottom