Not a Bug AX8-Edit suddenly not working

Dillonski

Inspired
Hi guys,
AX8 Edit has suddenly stopped working for me. Was working fine a few days ago but now whenever I open it, it doesn't detect my AX8 and if I click on anything within AX8 Edit the program crashes instantly.

Running Windows 10 64 Bit version 1809

Any ideas? I've tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it but no success.

Thanks!

Yes to both unfortunately. No difference
When this happens 99% of the time it's caused by one of these 2 reasons:
1) Bad USB cable
2) Another software is keeping ax8 midi ports busy, try to close any background app, daw and google chrome.

PS: if you have the opportunity try it on another PC, just to exclude it's a hardware issue on the ax8.

When this happens 99% of the time it's caused by one of these 2 reasons:
1) Bad USB cable
2) Another software is keeping ax8 midi ports busy, try to close any background app, daw and google chrome.

PS: if you have the opportunity try it on another PC, just to exclude it's a hardware issue on the ax8.

Thanks for the suggestions. Tried it with everything closed but no success. I'm fairly certain the USB cable and AX8 are fully functional as Windows recognises the AX8 when I turn it on. It's just that AX8-Edit will crash instantly.... Very weird....

Did it work on Windows 10 64 Bit version 1803?

It did work on 1803. However I not sure when the update to 1804 was installed as I have auto updates. So I can't confidently say if this issue was caused by 1804 or if it was just coincidence.

All fixed now. For some reason the AX8 just doesn't like one of my USB ports. Even though the port works perfectly fine with everything else and has never been an issue until now... Weird.

All fixed now. For some reason the AX8 just doesn't like one of my USB ports. Even though the port works perfectly fine with everything else and has never been an issue until now... Weird.
i've had Windows computers do that to USB port and particular gear, long before i had an Axe. had to regedit something one time to make it function again. i don't miss that.

Back
Top Bottom