AX8 and Tone Matching

I'm assuming that it won't, but I have no real basis for that assumption.

It just seems to me that Tone Match and shooting IR's are features that FAS would leave to the AxeII in order to provide some separation of the products.

I think that would be a selling point, but being it isn't mentioned I doubt it has it. They have to make us buy an Axe Fx 2 somehow right? lol I only use tone match to simulate an acoustic guitar on my electric so no huge loss to me.

my guess is the AX8 does not have a Tone Match feature, especially since it won't have the USB Audio engine to tone match via USB.

i doubt it's a deliberate "you must buy an Axe to get that feature" but instead a "that feature is not vital to a portable live performance device" as we've seen with the omission of other features.

I actually Have a Tone Match of a GibsonJ acoustic ,that I use and downloaded .I don't care about creating tone matches but what will happen with this one will it just load as an IR??

No, he's saying that it does not have the capability to capture the tone match, but it has the capability to run tone match IR's captured by someone else.

No, he's saying that it does not have the capability to capture the tone match, but it has the capability to run tone match IR's captured by someone else.

So, what about downloading patches from the Axe-exchange that are for the Axe-fx II? I know it has the same processor as the II, but I know it cant handle as much amps and effects in one preset.

The AX8 has an In2 and Out2, as well as SPDIF so tone matching should be possible technically.

BTW I'm looking forward to have this feature on the AX8 since the AxeFxII is a little bit too expensive for my needs.

Edit: it's only SPIDIF out, no digital input

So, what about downloading patches from the Axe-exchange that are for the Axe-fx II? I know it has the same processor as the II, but I know it cant handle as much amps and effects in one preset.

From what I understand, blocks are compatible, but patches are not. So you won't be able to load an AxeII patch into an AX8, but you could, say, copy over a reverb block. Not sure how all this will function in practice since it's been years since I used Axe Edit (I was strictly a front-panel, Fractalbot guy).
-
Austin

I think that would be a selling point, but being it isn't mentioned I doubt it has it. They have to make us buy an Axe Fx 2 somehow right? lol I only use tone match to simulate an acoustic guitar on my electric so no huge loss to me.

Search for and try the Taylor acoustic IR referenced in Helix threads on TGP. Seems to work with electrics and enhances the sound of a piezoed acoustic.

Back
Top Bottom