AX-8 effects and amp models list anyone?

YOGA64

Inspired
Is there anywhere I can find an updated list of the amps, cabs, and effects available in the AX-8?

I wonder if Keith Urban's 5F8 Tweed Twin model is included.............:confused:

Yes, the Keith Urban amp is included. The amps are exactly the same as the AxeFXII, with the exception that the current FW version on the AX8 is based on the Quantum 1.03. Amp models added after that version of Quantum have not been ported to the AX8, yet.

The various effects blocks included in the AX8 are the same as their AxeII counterparts.

Not quite the same blockwise, here you have the differences comparing Axe2 and AX8:

-Effects not present in AX8: Crossover, Feedback Send/Return, Mixer, Megatap Delay, Multiband Compressor, QuadChorus, Resonator, Tonematch, Vocoder

-Effects with limited instances (1 instead of 2): Amp, Cab, Chorus, Compressor/Dynamics, Flanger, Gate/Expander, Multi Delay, Phaser, Pitch, Reverb, Rotary, Synth, Tremolo/Panner, Wah

-Effects with limited instances (2 instead of 4): Filter, Graphic EQ, Parametric EQ, Volume/Pan

--

X/Y switching: in this area AX8 is superior than Mark I/II and closer to XL/XL+ capabilities:

-AX8: Amp, Cab, Chorus, Compressor/Dynamics, Delay, Drive, Filter, Flanger, Gate, Multi Delay, Phaser, Pitch, Rotary, Reverb, Tremolo, Wah.

-Axe-Fx II Mark I/II: Amp, Cab, Chorus, Delay, Drive, Flanger, Phaser, Pitch, Reverb, Wah.

-Axe-Fx II XL/XL+: Amp, Cab, Chorus, Compressor/Dynamics, Delay, Drive, Flanger, GEQ, Gate, Mixer, PEQ, Phaser, Pitch, Rotary, Reverb, Tremolo, Wah.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone, downloaded the manual, which funnily enough doesn't list the amp models.

Downloaded the Axe2 manual, but I guess the list of amp models there is a bit outdated, since no Keith Urban's amp is to be found there.

I guess I'll just have to wait until I manage to buy one AX-8............:)

Not quite the same blockwise, here you have the differences comparing Axe2 and AX8:

-Effects not present in AX8: Crossover, Feedback Send/Return, Mixer, Megatap Delay, Multiband Compressor, QuadChorus, Resonator, Tonematch, Vocoder

-Effects with limited instances (1 instead of 2): Amp, Cab, Chorus, Compressor/Dynamics, Flanger, Gate/Expander, Multi Delay, Phaser, Pitch, Reverb, Rotary, Synth, Tremolo/Panner, Wah

-Effects with limited instances (2 instead of 4): Filter, Graphic EQ, Parametric EQ, Volume/Pan

--

X/Y switching: in this area AX8 is superior than Mark I/II and closer to XL/XL+ capabilities:

-AX8: Amp, Cab, Chorus, Compressor/Dynamics, Delay, Drive, Filter, Flanger, Gate, Multi Delay, Phaser, Pitch, Rotary, Reverb, Tremolo, Wah.

-Axe-Fx II Mark I/II: Amp, Cab, Chorus, Delay, Drive, Flanger, Phaser, Pitch, Reverb, Wah.

-Axe-Fx II XL/XL+: Amp, Cab, Chorus, Compressor/Dynamics, Delay, Drive, Flanger, GEQ, Gate, Mixer, PEQ, Phaser, Pitch, Rotary, Reverb, Tremolo, Wah.

It should also be noted that the Amp and Cab blocks are not exactly the same between the AX8 and the rack units. The Cab blocks on the AX8 lack the room and preamp sections. And the Amp block lacks the bright knob and the bias tremolo.
-
Austin

I guess I'll just have to wait until I manage to buy one AX-8............:)

You don't have to wait, here you have the Amp models gallery for Axe2 firmware Q1.03, 231 models listed:
http://archive.axefx.fr/Docs & Manuals/FAS_Amps Models Gallery Qu 1.03.pdf

AX8's manual talks about "222+" models, but due to the amazing evolution of firmwares the list of amps grow fast and manuals become outdated very quickly, acording to Ethomas1013 comment the current AX8 list of amps is equivalent to Axe2 Q1.03's.

...STOP THE PRESSES!

00 big-news.jpg

Q2.00 for AX8 (243 amp models) is just around the corner!!
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/coming-up.110915/#post-1327298
The new list will be:
http://axefx.fr/axefxarchive/Docs & Manuals/FAS_Amps Models Gallery Qu 2.00.pdf

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom