Audible pop while tapping tempo

Vhalen50

Power User
If i have my Multidelay block on and a reverb with a cloud delay (i know) both on, tapping the tempo creates an audible glitchy/pop in tempo. My cpu meter is well below the limit at like...70? Its a mk1 fm9. ive been contemplating upgrading to the new one but im not sure if this is a CPU issue or if its just using 2 complicated things at one time.

i also have no midi cables plugged in and the real time sysx is turned to none (read through some forum posts already).

Edit: I’m also on fw8 but it was doing it on the last current 7.0 also.

Attachments

• tap tempo pop.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Can anyone else try for me please? So far it doesn’t pop while playing and tapping a tempo on a Mark2 turbo. But my friends mark 1 turbo it pops.

What's synched to tempo? Delays you're using for instance? Kinda makes sense a tempo-synched delay would glitch when tap tempo changes tempo on the fly. Don't know if Fractal thinks you can do that, and I've never tried that myself,, but it makes sense to me.

What's synched to tempo? Delays you're using for instance? Kinda makes sense a tempo-synched delay would glitch when tap tempo changes tempo on the fly. Don't know if Fractal thinks you can do that, and I've never tried that myself,, but it makes sense to me.
I have no issues tapping in a new tempo with the regular delay block.

The tap references time for the delays only. The tap is being trigger by an on board switch in the unit, not midi, not an external.

it seems like its only the multi delay block that pops when changing tempo while there is noise.

Back
Top Bottom