Attention: Kevin @ Ownhammer re: new EV IRs

joegold

Fractal Fanatic
I'm hoping you'll be willing and have the time to answer a few questions about this new collection of EVM-12L IRs.

1. How were the CSTM IRs created?
Ostensibly this is a virtual driver whose IR is captured, somehow, as if it's inside this same 4 X 12 cab.
How are the virtual driver IRs created?
Are they merely real 12L IRs, shot with that cab, with some post-EQ applied to them?
Or is some other process involved?

2. Are the IRs in the Quick Start folder that have the exact same names as single-mic IRs in the Mics folder the exact same IRs or have they been modified in some way?
If the latter, then how have they been modified?

3. And the IRs with the M+ next to them in the Quick Start folder, are they just EQ'd versions of the IRs w/o the +?
If so, can you please describe the nature of the EQ and how you've managed to boost the mids?
E.g. What kind of EQ would I need to apply to the OH 412 MAR-CB EV-L 57-04 IR to get the OH 412 MAR-CB EV-L 57-04 M+ IR?
Are the same EQ settings used to create the other M+ IRs as well or does each M+ IR require its own EQ recipe?

Any info appreciated.

Perhaps @ownhammer will respond with some answers, but I wouldn't expect any details. That's like asking Coke or Pepsi for their secret recipe.

The PDF in the downloaded file(s) explains pretty much everything you need to know, I would think...

...and why also not to ask to FAS how it's created the algorithm for amp realistic simulation?

He's busy posting something political on Facebook... LOL!

He'll check in here. Or, contact him on FB, or email.

Hi Joe,

For disclosure reasons, I can only answer #2. Yes, they're the same as in the Mics and Mixes folder, just a copy/paste!

Lol, 'twas the season! :p

I've never been politically minded in all my life except maybe to take the middle path between extremes of right and left when voting here in Canada.

But your last election down there in "Murica" was a pisser to say the least.
Thus my daily rants on Facebook which evidently some of you have seen. lol

Hope y'all can get it together.
The rest of the planet needs a strong and moral America.

[If the admins deem to delete this post, since there seems to be a ban of political comments, either written or unwritten, on these forums - I have no problem with it.
And, for the rest of us here, if my comment above is allowed to stay, please let's not turn this into a US election thread. either.]

Back
Top Bottom