Atomic Reactor vs Other FRFR Speakers like FBT Verve?

Chris.Bristol

Long time reader. First time to post.

I'm thinking about getting a stereo pair of powered FRFR speakers for use with an Axe FX ultra. I'm pretty sold on the Atomic Reactor Series, but I consistently hear that they lack low end. I'm not concerned with this for my guitar, but my band plays with keys and bass tracks and I'd like to use the cabs for all three instruments for stage volume - basically mixing our own stereo stage volume. I can also see us using the speakers for vocals in our rehearsal space.

With that said, would the Atomic cabs be enough to handle all of that, or should I get a more standard style FRFR cab? I was also looking into the FBT Verve series, as was suggested on these forums as a good option. Thoughts?

Thanks,

Chris

I owned a stereo pair of Atomics...I really liked the guitar sound - punchy, with great low end. However, although Tom says he has / does run full range music through them (using as a "stereo" system), I would not rely on that. I didn't think (for my purposes at least) that there was enough headroom, or that I could get the volume up where I wanted it. I will be running bass, drums, and keys from a DAW, along with realtime guitar. So I have been looking at the RCF 312a (and its replacement, not out yet, the 412a), and the db technologies 602D. The RCF had great low end for music reproduction - have yet to try the 602D - no one in the States has it yet

For what your asking the speakers to do I would go for something thats Bi-amped to help with head room and clarity. The Bass, Keys and Vocals you want to put through along with the guitar tone will tax the Reactor pretty fast.

Back
Top Bottom