Wish Assign 2 different colors for scene toggle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could the same idea work for the hold function as well. Right now, I have a bank size of 10 and uses 5 switches to access those 10 presets. I get the first 5 with a tap and the 2nd 5 with either a toggle or a hold function. In either case, the ring lights when I tap but goes dim with either toggle or hold and you can no longer see which switch was activated. I do the same with 8 scenes using 4 switches and run into the same issue.

Just a thought .... Left click on colour in FM3-Edit selects the first one, right click the second. This could also be indicated with a small '1' or '2' on the colour selection.
This wish seems just like a little thing, but it would make a huge impact on usability, at least for me.

On the device side, this could be done by adding an additional Switch Ring Color entry dynamically if Scene - Toggle is selected.
Problem here would be the positioning: since the entry for the switch ring color is on top, selecting Scene - Toggle for either Tap or Hold would add an entry above, which would cause "jumping" in the layout.
For this, I would propose to add a permanent second option (Toggle Switch Ring Color), which can be set to "as primary color" or the additional second option color. If you select a setting which doesn’t support toggling, the option may be set to „as primary Color“ on leaving the selection screen to create consistency (and I don’t think that anybody would expect an option which is not used to be remembered).
This way, it is clear that this color option is only active if a setting with toggling is available.
This setting could be also reused for Bank - Toggle, Preset - Toggle and Effect -Toggle, and would have no effect on Utility, Layout and View options.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom