Anyone try to duplicate a T-Rex Mudhoney pedal original?

StingRay

Hi, looked for some insight in the forum on this but couldn't find anything and also looked through the drive block description list on Wiki and noticed this pedal was not modeled. Well you certainly can't model every pedal out there nor would you want to but that being said I was a little surprised this drive pedal was not on the list since it seems to have a long and strong following and a pretty distinct sound, however I also realized that maybe it was not modeled simply because there is at least one other pedal that was modeled in the AXE FX3 that sounds a lot like it and with a few tweaks you got it. Sooo, that's what I'm inquiring about...anyone with any experience emulating this pedal? What did you use? Non-of the drive pedals I tried really stuck out at me.

Oh, just to be clear, I'm talking about emulating a Mudhoney without the boost switch on. When the boost switch is engaged on a Mudhoney it sounds very much like a Rat but louder and the tone knob only seems to affect the higher end unlike a Rat, however with the boost switch off it's more of an overdrive but has a unique thick gritty but clear sound and that's what I'm after.

Back
Top Bottom