Anyone try these expression pedals?

rkbrock

Inspired
Good day,

I've searched every thread possible for the last few days but can't find mention if anyone got any of the Mission Engineering models that have other modelers listed in the name working with the FM3. Such as the Line 6 Helix model: Mission Engineering SP1-L6H

Would love to get a mission engineering SP1 pedal, but have also been looking at Hotones or other EP with a footswitch. Forgot to mention, I have an Amazon gift card and they do not have the generic SP1 in stock.

I would love to just get the Fractal pedals but I'm in Canada and the shipping is as much as the pedal.

Last edited:
Good day,

I've searched every tread possible for the last few days but can't find mention if anyone got any of the Mission Engineering models that have other modelers listed in the name working with the FM3. Such as the Line 6 Helix model: Mission Engineering SP1-L6H

Would love to get a mission engineering SP1 pedal, but have also been looking at Hotones or other EP with a footswitch. Forgot to mention, I have an Amazon gift card and they do not have the generic SP1 in stock.

I would love to just get the Fractal pedals but I'm in Canada and the shipping is as much as the pedal.
Search the forum for "mission engineering sp1" and you'll pull up some discussion. Here's confirmation that the Boss version works.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...-sp1-rb-bk-compatibility.198339/#post-2469952

Search for "expression pedal" and you'll find tons of discussion with lots of good info on specs to look for.

Good luck.

Thanks for the reply fcs. I have already tried the search tool numerous times and have read a ton of threads and information.

I should have mentioned that I did find the thread about the Boss version working, but that's the only one. What I did not find is if anyone tried any of the Mission Engineering Kemper/Line 6/Cortex pedals named pedals, other than Boss.

The only thing I can find on Mission's website is that the "linear potentiometer is matched exactly to the specifications" of the (kemper/cortex/line6). I'm guessing it should work but was hoping someone has tried this already before I order it.

Thanks for the reply fcs. I have already tried the search tool numerous times and have read a ton of threads and information.

I should have mentioned that I did find the thread about the Boss version working, but that's the only one. What I did not find is if anyone tried any of the Mission Engineering Kemper/Line 6/Cortex pedals named pedals, other than Boss.

The only thing I can find on Mission's website is that the "linear potentiometer is matched exactly to the specifications" of the (kemper/cortex/line6). I'm guessing it should work but was hoping someone has tried this already before I order it.
Here are the FAS req's from the Wiki. Maybe there is another way to verify such as looking up the req'd specs for some of those other platforms, if you can't get the Mission specs.

https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/...pedals_and_external_switches#Expression_pedal

I think the helix model was a bit different and didn't work with other modelers - sold mine though.
I did have the QC one and the spring loaded Kemper one and will try them tomorrow morning and report back.

That's awesome, thanks TobiasBales! Reading between the lines from what the info on the web says and your thoughts, its looking like the Line 6 version won't work .

I got the Lehle dual expression pedal. Works great and outputs MIDI to your DAW if you want to use it as an automation input. Needs a power supply, but you can use a wall-wart or USB.

I started with an M-Audio but after a few years started having issues with getting the tension right to avoid the pedal slowly falling when my foot was off. Got a DOD mini and have been happy.

That's awesome, thanks TobiasBales! Reading between the lines from what the info on the web says and your thoughts, its looking like the Line 6 version won't work .
BTW, the answer regarding L6 is on Mission's website:
1710503925757.png
FAS req's a stereo connection (TRS).

Thanks everyone! This definitely clarifies and fills in some of the gaps to the info on the forums regarding expression pedals. This helped a lot and will hopefully help more people down the road.

Good day,

I've searched every thread possible for the last few days but can't find mention if anyone got any of the Mission Engineering models that have other modelers listed in the name working with the FM3. Such as the Line 6 Helix model: Mission Engineering SP1-L6H

Im trying to get my Mission SP1-L6 HELIX pedal to work with FM3.Has anyone tried & been successful ? If so please guide.Thanks.

Good day,

For whatever it's worth, the Mission EP-11-S (Sweetwater's version of the EP-11, made for use with the Eleven Rack) works just fine with the Fractal gear.

Back
Top Bottom