Anyone thrilled with their PRS SE?

walnutzz

Inspired
Hi all. My main guitars are all on the high end, but I’m looking to add a PRS SE model to stash at another location I frequently visit. I’ve watched many reviewers rave about the SE DGT, but I’m wondering what other models are contenders such as an SE Silver Sky or McCarty. Style is less important to me than value. In other words I want the most bang for the buck (closest to a core) rather than which models lend themselves toward certain musical styles. Thanks in advance for your input.

There’s so many to choose from. I own 3 Core PRS and the SE’s that have caught my eye lately are…
SE SWAMP ASH SPECIAL
SE NF3
SE SWAMP ASH CE 24 — "SANDBLASTED" LIMITED EDITION
SE DGT (but the Gold Top which I think is not easy to come by)
SE CE 24
Any of the SE McCarty 594’s (single or double cut)

The SE Silver Sky’s have always been an attractive deal, but I think I would like the Core Silver Sky better. I Don’t know if any of this helps or makes things worse.

I bought a new SE DGT (Tobacco Sunburst) 9 months ago, based on all the positive reviews and after i played it in the shop. I played it exclusively for a month, but there was something in the sound i didn't like, i cannot describe what it was... A few months ago I sold it.

I love my se silver sky.
Thanks
Pauly
Hi all. My main guitars are all on the high end, but I’m looking to add a PRS SE model to stash at another location I frequently visit. I’ve watched many reviewers rave about the SE DGT, but I’m wondering what other models are contenders such as an SE Silver Sky or McCarty. Style is less important to me than value. In other words I want the most bang for the buck (closest to a core) rather than which models lend themselves toward certain musical styles. Thanks in advance for your input.

Love my DGT SE, it has very rich tones and good build quality. The only hassle I have had was the pickup selector switch being very stiff; so I popped a new one in and have no other issues.

I'm comparing that to my much more expensive Gibson, and other guitars for reference.

Hi
I have 8 PRS guitars
1 PRS cu24 bought new ❤️
a PRS custom 24 SE 25th anniv bought new
A zach myres sig bought second hand ❤️
Tremonti bought 2nd hand with emg pups in don't play much
245 se bought 2nd hand ❤️
Single cut 22 fret bought 2nd hand and put drgn 2 pups in ❤️
PRS EG SE bought second hand upgraded Single coil pups use this for floyd songs this is the reason I haven't bought a silver sky
Custom 22 SE pups are wicked on this all stock ❤️

Got an itch for a mccarty 594 s2 over the se at the moment purely because they have upgraded the s2 pups to 'LT' from 's' but there aren't any available in uk yet as the stock is still old, however I did see andertons had a McCarty 594 se standard for sale at £580 and ever with 'S' pups is interesting , I like the idea of the coil tap options on the 594 electronics which I think is why I fancy it other than a case of gas

In another 6 months you'll be able to pick up a dgt or a 594 se second hand at bargain prices because there the latest darlings in the prs stable

G \../

Korean SE245 really good great action no buzzing, happy with the P90’s it came with. Keeper.

Indonesian SE Paul’s Guitar. Played well but I just didn’t like the core tone of it. Nice sounding neck pickup. Sold it.

Indonesian SE DGT Goldtop. Sounds great, plays excellent. Nut needs work because of tuning issues. It’s a keeper but I need to buy some files.

That NF3 is something I’m interested in.

Back
Top Bottom