Anyone have good results with a half step down patch?

Rival

I tried making one with detune but it just wasn't cutting it. Maybe I'm just not setting it up correctly, any help is appreciated.

Iffy, live in a full band you can get away with it, but low volumes it's tricky since you can hear your guitar and it creates a dissonance. There are some tricks you can do to help the latency, do a search about it. few threads on that one.

I tried making one with detune but it just wasn't cutting it. Maybe I'm just not setting it up correctly, any help is appreciated.

I would have to build a preset, but here is an example of what I did on the AFX II MI:

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/echosmith-cool-kids-intro-cover.100593/

It tracked fairly well, should be possible though on the AX8 with ease. I believe it was "Fixed Harmony" mixed at 100% at the beginning of the signal chain with like -4 defined??? Can't remember off the top of my head.

EDIT: Here is a picture of the Ad. Whammy mixed at 100% and signal chain
Whammy-Settings_zpsux7lytbr.png

Whammy-Signal-Chain_zpscyxod5zq.png

Last edited:
I used to use the effect in my variax - would GREAT live but hated it during rehearsals as i could hear the gtr acoustically. Heh.
Luckily we now have a couple songs we do tuned down so I just bring another guitar set up for it. But I would think in the mix the AX8 detune would work out fine. Hmm. Might give it a try today and see.

Ibanezfreak4, did you ever post the preset for that clip?

Hey Brandon, no I didn't cuz I'm stupid and forgot. I'll see if I can find it in my AFXII later on and update that/this thread.

To the OP @Rival, let me see if I can build an AX8 version tonight for you. Which amp+cab combo are you going for with it? If for metal I'd recommend the Engl Savage sim, let me know and I'll build it in with some other effects/what not. Thanks!

EDIT: just uploaded to the post, attached to this one also for Axe-FX II only right now.

Attachments

• 12 Step Cool Kids.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Just had practice last night, and for a test I added a whole step down pitch shift to two presets...I'm in a Police/Sting cover band and we do "So Lonely" a whole step down. Also, "Don't Stand So Close To Me" is a whole step down if you want to play it like Andy.
I usually take a strat tuned down, but last night I stayed on the tele and hit the pitch button. In the mix it was great and I had no issues. Couldn't believe it. On my own it didn't "seem" right but I couldn't place it - like a slight delay or something in there...really don't know. But it worked great and I am going to stop with the downtune for just those two songs.

Back
Top Bottom