Any solutions for failing wireless transmitter cables?

Stringtheorist

Fractal Fanatic
I recently replaced the original wireless transmitter cable for my Sennheiser EW500 3G because it was starting to crackle and cause dropouts. It took me some time to source a replacement (which was identical to the original). Fewer than three gigs in and already the new cable has failed in exactly the same way. I don't misuse it, and always carefully fold it away in the manner in which it was originally packed when sold to me. Are there any transmitter cables for analog wireless units out there that are more robust than this? I'm thinking of going back to a cable just to avoid the hassle.

are you certain it's the cable and not the jack on the transmitter? if it's the cable, which side is failing, the guitar 1/4" side or the threaded 1/8" transmitter side?

I notice the cable crackles when I wiggle the 1/4 jack but you could have a point that it may be the other end which is faulty. I'll check it out more thoroughly at my gig tonight.

The stock Sennhieser mini locking connector is crap (molded) and if you bought the same replacement you bought the same problem. I bought an after market connector off eBay and soldered it on and haven't had an issue sense. You can get the cable already done if you don't want to hassel soldering you just have to pay a bit more.

The stock Sennhieser mini locking connector is crap (molded) and if you bought the same replacement you bought the same problem. I bought an after market connector off eBay and soldered it on and haven't had an issue sense. You can get the cable already done if you don't want to hassel soldering you just have to pay a bit more.

Great. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom