Any issues with UPS for AxeFx deliveries?

jwh1983

Just curious if you guys have had any issues/complaints with UPS delivering your AxeFx units. Anybody receive one that was obviously thrashed/dropped, etc? From what I gather the units are built tough (MILSPEC grade?) and should be able to survive shipment (I want to say the UPS gorillas but of course not all are like that...). Just seems most folks prefer FedEX and kinda wish we had the option but it seems nobody here has had trouble. Thanks for any thoughts.

See the following vids on youtube (LOL) -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLPxJTn34PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JS3y1WzPbyc

James

The Axe is cradled inside a foam bracket that fits tightly inside the outer box. The overall packaging seems to be really solid. It would take a pretty hard hit to actually make contact with the unit inside the box. I would imagine that the foam cradle would take most, if not all, of the impact if the unit was dropped or mishandled.

I know there have been a few cases of people getting units with bent faceplates, but they are rare, and to my knowledge Fractal has always been great about making sure they get replacements in a timely manner. I wouldn't worry about it.

The UPS vs FedEx thing seems like a Ford vs Chevy deal (OK, then Honda vs Toyota). It's been a while, but when Consumer Reports rated package delivery services for damage and lost packages, the USPS came in first, UPS second, and FedEx a distant third. The results might be different now, of course.

Mine came through last week on time and without any marks on the box.

mine came by ups and the faceplate was a little bent on the rack mount area. but it kinda evened out when i put it in the case.
granted you cant be there for the whole shipping trip, but if you can try to be there when it gets delivered. i once purchased a guitar and had it shipped via ups and when i opened my door i saw the man about to toss the package onto my porch :evil: when he saw me he decided to hand it to me though.. :lol:

Mine came without blemish. While i'm not saying I'm the source reference here, but I can also say I've had nothing but good experience with both UPS and FedEx. Never a destroyed/damaged/scratched package from either.

Back
Top Bottom