Another Preset from a Youtube Tutorial (Post Rock Clean Shimmer)

atquinn

Power User
Don't blame me for the name! :D
Anyway, I got this from the following tutorial

I designed my preset with a dual humbucker guitar like he did, but I made a couple changes. First I changed the amp to a Bandmaster, because for some reason the AC20 was distorted as hell when I used his settings. Also, since there is only one reverb block in the AX8, I chose to use it in the shimmer chain. The multi-delay keeps things pretty lush anyway. Lastly, I added in a volume block set to expression 2. But don't worry, if you don't have a expression pedal there, you'll be at full volume.

Here's what it sounds like with my Hamer Studio Custom

Finally, if you go to the YouTube video he has a link to Simeon Harris' block libraries and presets.
http://www.simeonharris.co.uk/Blocks/blocks.html
The AX8 can't use the presets (they were made on an Axe FX2), but the blocks are useable and are great. If you try them out and agree, kick a little $ his way by way of thanks.
-
Austin

Attachments

• Post-Rock Shimmer-PFS.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:
+1 on Simeon's blocks and work. Great stuff worth supporting. Thanks for throwing that in, Austin. Nice preset too!

didn't the guy from the video post this not too long ago?

It's quite possible he did. Not for the AX8 though. And I haven't hung around the Axe rack area since I sold my Axe FX 2, so I wouldn't have seen it in the Axe FX preset subforum. Although now that you mention it, I think I'll go over there and see if there are any other useful ideas I can pick up :D
-
Austin

Back
Top Bottom