amps and cabs ........

arcangel

Inspired
hello there, so i just started on the forum cause im thinking of getting a axe fx and i actually post a topic like a few hours ago here is the link

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7577 if you want to check it out

and i got some feed back where they are discussin some options on power amps and speaker cabs to use in a live scenario with the axe fx, and i had some options for power amps they were a Mesa 2:90 or a Fryette (ex-VHT) 2:90 and for cabs a mesa rec with v-30's

but i was told that i would be limiting myself with those speakers and also that i dont need a tube power amp for the axe fx, like i said before on my other posting im want to make a wise and educated choice on gear so if anybody has some options on this topic let me know thank you.

If you have access to a big (or small) local shop I would recommend buying the Axe-fx and taking it (along with your favorite guitar) and take it down there and tell them... "I have some needs to fill and cash to burn"... They'll let you plug in just about anywhere and take anything for a test drive... :shock:

If I were in your position I would test drive everything I could to get the best setup for me... if you can afford it buy a FOH PA setup along with Sub and rock out with your cock out!

Many of us have been through a lot of different gear since we bought our Axe-FX. Do yourself a favor and explore first, then buy some gear (unless you have an unlimited supply of cash, in which case trying different setups is a lot of fun).

I initially got my Ultra, got a rack mount power amp and had a custom 2x12 cab built to my specs... this lasted about a year. Then I bought one FRFR speaker (FRFR stands for full-range, flat-frequency, if you're wondering) and discovered how flexible the Axe was when you did not lock it up with a fixed power amp tone and a fixed speaker cab tone. Later, I found a vastly superior FRFR speaker, and recently ordered a second one to go stereo. Had I known all this, I would have saved about $2700 and two years of tweaking in the wrong direction.

All I'm saying is read up all the discussions, and go try several possible solutions, not just different power amps and speaker cabs (think outside the box now, because with the Axe-FX, you *will* think outside the box eventually, it's inevitable).

Daniel

Dpoirier said:
Many of us have been through a lot of different gear since we bought our Axe-FX. Do yourself a favor and explore first, then buy some gear (unless you have an unlimited supply of cash, in which case trying different setups is a lot of fun).

I initially got my Ultra, got a rack mount power amp and had a custom 2x12 cab built to my specs... this lasted about a year. Then I bought one FRFR speaker (FRFR stands for full-range, flat-frequency, if you're wondering) and discovered how flexible the Axe was when you did not lock it up with a fixed power amp tone and a fixed speaker cab tone. Later, I found a vastly superior FRFR speaker, and recently ordered a second one to go stereo. Had I known all this, I would have saved about $2700 and two years of tweaking in the wrong direction.

All I'm saying is read up all the discussions, and go try several possible solutions, not just different power amps and speaker cabs (think outside the box now, because with the Axe-FX, you *will* think outside the box eventually, it's inevitable).

Daniel

so what power amp do you have now, and what is your speaker set up ??? did you build them yourself ???

DaveP said:
arcangel said:
well first i have to buy the axe fx hehehe

I know where you can get one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... tsupported :shock:

:shock: :shock: :shock: Wow...He's charging for shipping at that price and says its heavy...
chetgame said:
item is heavy and will be packed very well
Anyone see all that FACTORY PACKING he's gonna use to pack it very well :lol: :lol: :lol:

And he claims its
chetgame said:
BRAND NEW!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

What an A-hole.

arcangel said:
Dpoirier said:

Daniel

so what power amp do you have now, and what is your speaker set up ??? did you build them yourself ???
What he said. (What FRFR amps are you using?) Just curious, even though I'm pretty sure FRFR is not going to work for me. I tried a Verve 12ma and an ART 322 and didn't get on with either.

Back
Top Bottom