amp defaults

paullypj

Inspired
Scott P said in his post that you could reset an amp to it default setting by scrolling up and back with the amp type . But it seems that this only restores the amps default setting for that preset and so im scratching my head. The reason im saying this is that when i use this method to restore a default to different presets with the same amp type it seems that i am getting different results.

For example the master level and level dont seem to have the same default value for the same amp type in different presets. And given all the talk about how these settings are vere important infuences for different types of amps it seems to me they would have default values.

Maybe only the more advanced values have default settings?

I think im not alone when i say that there are a lot of nobs to tweak with this fx 2 ( I not complaining Im very happy with the 2 ,except for the fact that my expensive tube amp system is now obsolete and i will be selling it off at a loss,). Except for the basic tweaks i am lost.

Are there default settings for each of the 70 or so amps.

I guessing that maybe not all of the parameters within an amp block actually have default settings If thats the case i would like to know wich do and which dont.

The last thing i want to say is that i cant f$*^n believe how good this thing sounds. What im worried about is that once all the other amp companies are out of business cliff wont have any more amps to model from .Think about that.

I think there is more than one kind of 'reset' you can perform if I'm seeing things correctly. when they upgraded from firmaware 2.x to 3.x they changed some fundamental stuff in the amp blocks, things you can't access, so old presets weren't working the way they should in the 3.x firmware. By upgrading the firmware, then selecting a preset's amp block, and then selecting a different amp block, then selecting the original amp block and then saving it you get the new workings of the 3.x firmware in the amp block of that preset. That doesn't change the settings you made to parameters like Drive, Master, Etc.

Another kind of reset of the block is when you select a block in the Layout menu and then tap the Bypass button twice (not the Effect Bypass button), that resets the block to the default settings of the first block in the list and it changes the settings to a default. That is the way you can start over if you decide you want a new amp block and don't want any old settings to linger. That also is on a per-preset basis.

Last edited:
I think there is more than one kind of 'reset' you can perform if I'm seeing things correctly. when they upgraded from firmaware 2.x to 3.x they changed some fundamental stuff in the amp blocks, things you can't access, so old presets weren't working the way they should in the 3.x firmware. By upgrading the firmware, then selecting a preset's amp block, and then selecting a different amp block, then selecting the original amp block and then saving it you get the new workings of the 3.x firmware in the amp block of that preset. That doesn't change the settings you made to parameters like Drive, Master, Etc.

Thanks buts thats not really what im seeking

Its more like this: For any given amp model there has to be some ideal settings maybe its in the power amp section that wihile give a particualr amp its sound. Im looking for these defaults if they exist. I know cliff has made suggestions on some models i want to know the setting that bring out each amps charactorisic sound out side of any preset , in isolation ,Because i have know idea what half of these amps are SUPPOSED to sound like because i have never heard them in real life. for example in bank a there are 2 presets with the recto orange. Both presets have completely different parameters for the amp block. So whats the default tone or setting for a recto orange. If there is one. Whats a recto orange supposed to sound like or a brit 800 i would like to have a base line to compare and learn from.

The factory presets are supposedly the most authentic, that's why you need to update both bank A and to 3.02.

When you scroll up and back on an amp type it TEMPORARILY gives you the new settings if using an older preset, to preserve it however you have to perform a preset save.

Back
Top Bottom