"AllSorts". Another Kitchen-Sink'er. Free d/l, demo, etc

Burgs

Power User
I scored a Blonde Eric Johnson Maple Strat the other day. It's an amazing guitar, easily up there with CS stuff, I think. Anyway, I wanted to set it up to float (they're shipped with the bridge bolted down) so in doing so I wrote a demo preset to show it off, which I've called "AllSorts"*, and would like to share to with you. There's a video demo below, etc. Requires FW: 26.00 or later to run.

http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=11021

*In Australia we have a traditional candy known as "licorice allsorts" for years. A bag full of different colours...

Wow! I just posted a thread about getting tones back. I'm going to start with this preset. Your presets align well with what we play and this one is going into my arsenal for our weekend gigs. Thanks again Bret for your contributions!

Awesome as always @Burgs. Your presets always end up in my first 15 slots in my User bank. Also, interesting trem setup on the Strat. I checked out that Carl Verheyen Whammy Bar setup secrets link in your vid. I'm gonna have to try this on my Strat! I realized I already sorta did this intuitively when I use hybrid strings with heavier bottoms on my charvel with the gotoh bridge. I adjust my one claw looser than the other to allow for more even tension. Makes total sense.

Last edited:
Wow! I just posted a thread about getting tones back. I'm going to start with this preset. Your presets align well with what we play and this one is going into my arsenal for our weekend gigs. Thanks again Bret for your contributions!
Happy to help. Did you have any luck with this one?
It never ceases to amaze me how amazing your presets are! Thanks for this! How much do you like those fender frfr?
I love those Fenders. They have a good midrange that reminds me of old combos - a little less refined and pristine than the CLRs I've been using for a long time. They're pretty popular here.
Awesome as always @Burgs. Your presets always end up in my first 15 slots in my User bank. Also, interesting trem setup on the Strat. I checked out that Carl Verheyen Whammy Bar setup secrets link in your vid. I'm gonna have to try this on my Strat! I realized I already sorta did this intuitively when I use hybrid strings with heavier bottoms on my charvel with the gotoh bridge. I adjust my one claw looser than the other to allow for more even tension. Makes total sense.
Happy to help, Chewie. I'm glad you're digging them and thanks for the kind words. More to come!
Another great preset Brett! Thanks!
No worries, Dave. All the best .

Pretty sure that if all you had was Burg's, Leon Todd's and Marc Fanton's presets and you still couldn't be happy then you'd need to consult a mental health care professional. Or just wait for someone to do the million-th "I swear I've nailed Metallica Black Album" preset.

Wanted to let @Burgs know that I loaded his preset yesterday and it sounds great. I did add a Klone as a second drive just to give me another tone as a more of a break to the Fender and to push the front end of the Marshalls. Wow! I think I can use this preset and play the entire gig on Saturday. Super excited! Thanks again Brett!

Back
Top Bottom