All presets are distorted

Newbie question. I just got my AX8 hooked up for the first time. I'm going out to a Focusrite 2i2 audio interface and using headphones. Every preset is distorted. Even the ultraclean sounds. I've adjusted the input levels and the Focusrite is not clipping. My guitar has active pickups but I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Thanks.

Newbie question. I just got my AX8 hooked up for the first time. I'm going out to a Focusrite 2i2 audio interface and using headphones. Every preset is distorted. Even the ultraclean sounds. I've adjusted the input levels and the Focusrite is not clipping. My guitar has active pickups but I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Thanks.
Steve,

I have a similar issue - no clipping on my AX8 or Interface but my speakers crackle. I'm using Yahmaha HS5s. I just assumed they weren't able to handle the volume.

Maybe try to increase the passing in the I/O settings of the AX8 or turn the volume down?

I got my AX8 last week so can't offer up more than that.

If your active pickups battery is going dead it might cause this problem. Try a fresh battery first and see if its improving.

Hook up your guitar to your audio interface and check if the crackling is gone. If not the problem is outside the AX8. If yes, check if the AX8 red input LED lights up when digging your guitar. If it does, try adjusting the input pad. If not use one of the factory presets and check if the crackling goes away when turning the AX8 output volume down - if it does your audio interface inputs are clipping.

Back
Top Bottom