All preset reverb times seem really long....

WannaAxe

All,

Can single blocks across ALL presets get corrupted? While I mostly use only a few presets, I have recently been experimenting with some stock presets. But presets with Reverb, for example, have HUGE reverb times of like 10 seconds, 13 seconds, etc. Every preset with Reverb seems to sound like an acid trip... If I go into a preset, then choose the next type of reverb, then go back to the original reverb type, the sounds seem to go normal (...time parameter goes down to very low... like one second)

I just updated to ARES 2.0, but nothing changed. (It did say "importing all blocks, and took some time)

Any advice?

Thanks

All,

Can single blocks across ALL presets get corrupted? While I mostly use only a few presets, I have recently been experimenting with some stock presets. But presets with Reverb, for example, have HUGE reverb times of like 10 seconds, 13 seconds, etc. Every preset with Reverb seems to sound like an acid trip... If I go into a preset, then choose the next type of reverb, then go back to the original reverb type, the sounds seem to go normal (...time parameter goes down to very low... like one second)

I just updated to ARES 2.0, but nothing changed. (It did say "importing all blocks, and took some time)

Any advice?

Thanks
they are probably special effect programs meant to showcase that. None of the pure amp presets are like that.

It seems like all of them...
Here are some examples:
Preset 0 - 59 Bassguy - Reverb = Medium Room; Time=12.15 sec
... the next several also have Medium Room Reverb at 12.15 sec.
Preset 3 - Deluxe Verb - Reverb = Small Hall; Time=8.38 sec.
Preset 18 - Shiver Clean - Reverb = Large Room; Time =15.91 sec.

These have never been modified by me... My presets I use are in the upper 300 range.

mine show around 1 second or so, nothing above 5 for sure.

i'm not aware of any function that could change all of these in different presets. but you can always just reload the factory presets to "reset" them to what they should be.

as long as the presets you normally use are fine, i wouldn't worry about this. hard to say what caused it. i'd reload the factory presets. if it happens again, let us know. but i've never heard of this happening since the launch of the Axe2.

Is the time long, or is the reverb much more prevalent? Check the Global Reverb parameter in the Global menu. Should be set to 100.

Any chance you've use Fractool (Great program by the way!), and accidentally done a batch modification on reverb time? The Bass guy usually doesn't have that sort of reverb!
Thanks
Pauly

Is the time long, or is the reverb much more prevalent? Check the Global Reverb parameter in the Global menu. Should be set to 100.
Reverb is insanely prevalent. It sounds like playing in a cavern that goes on forever :)
The only Global Parameter I can find for Reverb is the mix (0-50%). It is at 0%.

Any chance you've use Fractool
Never user Fractool.

When I go into any of the presets, I can right click on Reverb block, Edit, and select "Reset Block." This changes the Time from 12.15 seconds to 0.9 sec, which is what I would expect.

I believe this happened somewhere along an upgrade. I have seen a message of "Updating Blocks Library because they don't match..." (something like that).

I wonder what other parameters have perhaps been modified/corrupted.

Okay... I just restored BANK A presets using "AxeFX_II_Bank_A_V15.syx."
This did not fix the problem. Reverb is still at 12.15 sec for 59 Bassguy patch, and unchanged on all the other patches mentioned.

Okay... I just restored BANK A presets using "AxeFX_II_Bank_A_V15.syx."
This did not fix the problem. Reverb is still at 12.15 sec for 59 Bassguy patch, and unchanged on all the other patches mentioned.
That looks like a really old version of the factory presets. The current one is called Axe-Fx-II_Bank-A_Q8p02.That may be the issue.

I’m having this problem too. Issue is - my reverb isn’t the only thing that got messed up. It’s affected my gain, phasing, reverb, and sounds like a comb filter out of phase. It’s horrible. I’m going to reload the presets and ensure I'm on the latest version as well. I wonder if this only happened to a select number of AxeFx2 XL in production???? Hmmmm?

I am left wondering if either fractool or connecting pedals to the MFC incorrectly can permanently change global settings - like reverb or gain.... I had NO issues before I used Fractool. Now I have a corrupted Axe it seems?

I am left wondering if either fractool or connecting pedals to the MFC incorrectly can permanently change global settings
Not sure- But in my case, I have never used Fractool, or connected anything other than the MFC (no other pedals).

(also, for clarification, I don't have the XL... I have the version before... Axe FX II)

Back
Top Bottom