All Highcuts - Watch Yourself - Don't be disappointed

Well I feel great right now after realizing a stupid mistake. I have been a regular troll here for a long time and have posted very little in comparison to all that I have taken in this journey from great analog gear to great digital gear. I've used the same three routings for all of my presets (one clean, one over driven clean, one dirty to metal amp gain) and I've used the heavy weights peq, cab, and reverb advice. I just realized, in reading another thread about not having enough presence, why all of my presets didn't sound quite how I wanted them to sound even though I had convinced myself that they were ok.

The high-cut on the reverb block that I was only using for short reflections at the end of the efx chain was too low in EVERY patch. So it took it up to 20,000 hrz and now I feel stupid so I raised the high-cuts on delay, chorus, and pitch as well and now feel great. I should now redo time based efx in parallel so this wouldn't be an issue. I had never considered that a default that I had never changed could so infect my chain like this. It was because I got into a system of copying a preset and just changing the amp.

Let this be a lesson to everyone to check parameters, be patient, start from an amp and cab, and then when all else fails just play your guitar and read this board until you realize what the hell you're doing wrong.

Back
Top Bottom