AFx3 won't boot - white screen

framos

Hi All,

Just turned my AFx3 this morning and got this. First time this happens. Was working normally from last time.

Any ideas? :(

Thanks in advance!

1718459933667.png

No progress, unfortunately. Tried the recovery boot according to the manual p93, but still the white screen.

Nothing detected by FractalBot.

I would contact support. Also, others have mentioned the ribbon cable from the LCD may not be seated completely. Regardless, I'm sure support will steer you in the right direction.

Edit: You responded while I was typing. Glad you contacted support.

This happened to me once and they had to replace the LCD screen module.. not crazy expensive, but if you don't have a service provider in Brazil it could be more complicated I guess.. in my case I simply had to ship it to Toronto (Nice Rack Canada) and they did the job for me in roughly 1 week.

Hope it's something else..

Will need to send back. Had it happen at a gig once. That was fun. Everything still worked so I got through.

Nothing works here, it seems it's sth very early in the boot process, maybe an internal device failure, indeed :(

Happened to me i did some sort of reset of something to start it ( the screen was still white) and then used it via axe edit , thought it was a loose ribbon cable but it turned out to be , a screen issue so had to wait until i got the screen replaced luckily it was under warranty for me.
Support should be able to guide you

⬆️ This.

Have you tried using Axe Edit to see if the Axe FX is booted with a preset loaded?

At least you will know if it booted or not.

Dom
i did some sort of reset for it, mine was not working directly, but i followed some steps to reset and start it after which axe fx worked with axe edit unfortunately i don't remember the steps but support should be able to help him,

Last edited:
After the problem with the FM3/USB port/controller and now the displays here, I'm wondering whether I wouldn't have been better off sticking with the tube amps.

How old are your defective AXEIIIs and were they on the road a lot or in constant use or were they just at home and switched on now and then?

After the problem with the FM3/USB port/controller and now the displays here, I'm wondering whether I wouldn't have been better off sticking with the tube amps.

How old are your defective AXEIIIs and were they on the road a lot or in constant use or were they just at home and switched on now and then?

Surely you jest?

donald trump GIF

Marketing vs. MTBF? The durability only becomes apparent after some time, this time is already running. Let's see.

I remember something like this happened to me with my Axe III. Turned out to be an issue with the XLR cable that I had plugged into the foot FC-6. The cable had suddenly broken. Changed the cable and it booted up perfectly. However, this may not be your case. Hope you can get it fixed.

Back
Top Bottom