AFX Compression Tips (including the new 9.02 features)

Awesome page, but the 1-10 thing confuses me... The Attack/Release times now appear listed in milliseconds. That particular Wiki entry was last updated in January 2010 - I wonder if that's how the older firmware worked?

Awesome page, but the 1-10 thing confuses me... The Attack/Release times now appear listed in milliseconds. That particular Wiki entry was last updated in January 2010 - I wonder if that's how the older firmware worked?
that's how it used to be and still is on the Ultra/Std. when Radley wrote it the AxeII was still in development. the use of milliseconds etc. is much more common in Compressor designs and was adapted for the II.

Excellent tips on compression Radley, I remember reading on this subject a long time ago. Things sure have changed from then. I'm still on v8.1 or something, I need to update and work on this. Thanks for the reminder.

Awesome post. Since this thread has been resurrected, does anyone know what settings might get close to an Orange Squeezer? I used to have the Analog Man one and that thing was magical. I can't really find any info about its compression ratio or anything like that.

Awesome post. Since this thread has been resurrected, does anyone know what settings might get close to an Orange Squeezer? I used to have the Analog Man one and that thing was magical. I can't really find any info about its compression ratio or anything like that.
I also love the Orange Squeezer, but I'm in the learning curve of this awesome machine!

Thanks for resurrecting this thread. Ive said before there is a TON of good stuff in this section and this is just another example.

The info is also good for all compressors.

Great stuff! Added to the How-Tos page.

Thank you Radley for your efforts.

One more difference between the Pedal and Studio compressor type: the Studio takes up a lot more CPU-cycles than the Pedal. Good to know when you're running out of CPU %.
Where does one find the How-To page?

Back
Top Bottom