Aerosmith bows out of touring

Bummer - but I guess it had to happen. Almost the last true rockstars (I know I know….the stones…but that’s different)

Can’t say I’m surprised. My friend was running FOH for them and was telling me stories of what’s been going on since they first cancelled the tour. They were openly trying to recruit new people to start this fall too.

Can’t say I’m surprised. My friend was running FOH for them and was telling me stories of what’s been going on since they first cancelled the tour. They were openly trying to recruit new people to start this fall too.
New people for which band member? Steven Tyler?

Word was this was going to happen before the Las Vegas shows. They did well for a long time.

Sad to see my long time guitar heroes retiring with health issues - 1st saw them 47y ago in 77 :oops: (10$Cdn/tkt for premium seats - thats $48Cdn/tkt @ current Cdn$ value - wow!) - getting old's a bummer

They have given us enough awesome music and shows, I'm not saying I'm happy to see them retire.....but I think it's smart for them to bow out now rather than having it turn into a Jon Bon Jovi or Vince Neil situation. Steven is an icon and I want to always remember him the way he was when I was in the front row for the filming of the 'Angel' video (really showing my age)! Rest easy fellas - knowing you went out on top.

Liar Lies GIF by Megan Thee Stallion

Lying Tell The Truth GIF by MASTERPIECE | PBS

🤣

Lets hope he grabs the singer from Dirty Honey and continues with the same sort of music - I doubt it though - Tyler's harmonies (to me) are legendary and a major reason Aerosmith sounded the way they did. We (My wife and I ) are devastated and will miss them terribly.. even though its been a minute since they've done new material.

If there's anything positive I can see from this, I would like to hear more material from The Joe Perry Project.

I have mixed feelings about this because I know I would never be going to see an Aerosmith live show, I gave up on this band a long time ago.

But there was a time when i regarded them as the most exciting band on the planet, and Permanent vacation and Pump, are still two of my favourite albums, so of course there is still a feeling of sadness there. In the bigger picture though, each time one of these legendary acts retires, we know we're getting closer to the end of the era a lot of us grew up with, and these bands have impacted rock music in a way we won't see again. they will never be replaced by anything nearly as great, so that scene we've all lived with for decades, will cease to exist.

That in itself is quite a depressing thought.

Bummer but it sounds like it was well needed! I respect that they have decided to retire if anyone deserves it they do. My first Aerosmith album was Toys in the Attic! worn out the groves on that record.

Back
Top Bottom