Advice on getting this type of dynamic Guthrie tone?

Gitarmats

I really like the tone he gets on this one. Super responsive to dynamics, and very clear sounding with the pick attack. I'm not very good at knowing what amps and cabs will sound like what, so I thought I'd ask. Any suggestions on what I could try in the Axe 3 to get close to this?

Guthrie had given some "Gifts of tone" last christmas. I wonder if any of those presets would get you where you need to go.

I can hear a an envelope driven filter behind the guitar which tracks to the pitch of the note.... Confession I have a bad tinnitus in my left ear at the moment.

this shows at 29:30 that he does use synth layering, envelope and pitch controllers like Devin Townshend.
It would be great if he patch exchanged the one in the video.
I'll have go at the subtle overtones synth mix patch close to valve saturation of 3rd 5th &7ths with a morphing sawtooth to square nuance.

this shows at 29:30 that he does use synth layering, envelope and pitch controllers like Devin Townshend.
It would be great if he patch exchanged the one in the video.
I'll have go at the subtle overtones synth mix patch close to valve saturation of 3rd 5th &7ths with a morphing sawtooth to square nuance.

Yeah, he's pretty creative with this stuff... The examples in the video you shared are obvious synth sounds.

I've listened to the first video multiple times and I just don't hear anything other than guitar interacting with a speaker cabinet.

if you add a synth in parallel to a drive box , with voice one set to square with envelope & pitch tracking (about 78% in the mix) then its muff PI like or valve 5th fundamental distortion, but it adds ballistic overtones. its not under your fingers it's in the box before the amp. download GG's gift of tone and play.

I don't recognize the OP clip - what album is that on/from? Such figgin' expressive phrasing, he's a monster player.

Back
Top Bottom