Wish Additional USB Output Mapping

Screenshot 2024-08-09 at 6.01.15 PM.png

I would love the ability to have one additional USB output mapping for USB channels 5/6 to be routed to OUT 3.

Is there a technical reason this isn't currently available? This would solve a massive issue with how I run backing tracks live.

Thanks!

Everybody has their own idea of one more mapping that would be useful :). The only sensible solution:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/i-o-routing-matrix.162651/

Yours is an unusual use case. I'm not sure what you're trying to do, but a workaround might be an In USB block routed to output 3.
Ive tried that and it causes weird glitches with my MIDI cues and audio tracks sent from Ableton.
I have no idea why it does that, but when setting the digital input source to USB 5/6 then adding an input/output block in my presets, things get weird. Mostly the beginning of each song stutters once before playing (like a syncing issue or something), which I can't have happen in a live environment.

I think your wish is a brilliant idea btw. 4 years old has me worried that its either not possible or would take too much developing.

I am trying to send Tracks L/R out of output 2 and Click/Bass out of output 3. My guitar L/R are of course coming out of output 1.

Another workaround would be to route my guitar out of output 3 and the others out of output 1 and output 2. But that requires a DI and my lazy ass is trying to bring the least amount of gear that I need to because I fly a lot and am already pushing the 50lb limits for airlines.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom