ADA MP-1, + 3-TUBE MOD, MOD 4 MARKI, & THE MOD 4MARKII

ADA MP-1, + 3-TUBE MOD, MOD 4 MARKI, & THE MOD 4MARKII

• Total voters

GAMERA207

ADA MP1 & 3TM MOD

I'M POSTING THIS TO ALL THOSE WHO KNOW THE THE MP-1
I'M GOING TO SPEAR HEAD A MARCH TO GET IT INTO AXE-FX AS AN AMP MODEL......
......AS WELL AS THE ADA MP-1 3-TUBE MOD. WITH ALL THE KNOBS BEING REPRESENTED WITH EXCEPTION OF THE CHORUS. REASON BEING IS THAT THE CHORUSES IN THE AXE-FX ARE SUPERIOR.

....SO LET US JOIN TOGETHER & MAKE THIS HAPPEN....

:ugeek: :shock: :x :D :idea: :ugeek: :twisted: :ugeek:

BUDHA

Re: ADA MP1 & 3TM MOD

As a guy that has 3 mp-1's (stock, 3TM, and mod 4 mk 2) and just tonight pulled the trigger on a ULTRA I say YES PLEASE!

Sup?
You could give Matt's patches a whirl for the ADA

MOSHON
DAVE

Matt_B said:
I uploaded these to my own site recently. They're based upon an MP-1 3TM with an ADA Ampulator. All I wanted to do was get a sound that was close to what I had with the ADA rig and I didn't A/B them so take it for what it's worth.

ADA MP-1 3TM patches

The schecmatics.....!!!!! That's easy....FROM WWW.ADADEPOT.COM

they have all the original drafted pages....!!!

Here is the link for the MP-1 ...
http://www.adadepot.com/adagear/gearpag ... A-MP-1.htm

And for the MOD 4MkI & MkII are here....
http://www.adadepot.com/adagear/detaill ... od4mkI.htm
& here http://www.adadepot.com/adagear/detaill ... d4mkII.htm

the MOD 3TM (the MOD 3.666)
http://www.adadepot.com/adagear/detaill ... od3666.htm

.......AS I make this prayer once Again Lord (CLIFF) hear our prayer

BUDHA

Gamera, I have few questions for you if you don't mind:

1) Which MP-1s mods have you owned?
2) Do you currently own an Axe-FX?
3) If you answered "Yes" to #1, have you tried my patches that folks have referred to in this thread?

Mr. Dojo,(Matt B)
1. I dont own any of the MP-1 MOD
2. I'm still waiting for my AXE-FX ULTRA
3. Well I can't yes to your #1 question till I get my AXE-FX
I did see your post reguarding your work on making of the patches

Well I consider my self to be an MP-1 purest...
My sound (as I make) is so taylored to my liking....I would need & like that if I had the
choice it be one in which the modelled unit totally reflect exactly what the unit has it at all possible
with reguard to all of the knobs & controls & the respectiable MODS.
Please understand That I mean no disrespect to anyone, I am just openly stating my wish
that GOD (i.e. CLIFF)...would hear my/our prayer on this topic.

Tell me Mr Dojo(Matt) tell me how to layout the patches you made with the editor...that would be
nice to see as to the fact that I'm still waiting for my AXE-FX.
......Mr. Dojo(Matt) I do thank you for your work & for your time in responding to this post.

By the way my name is ......BUDHA

GAMERA207 said:
Then how do you know what you're really asking for? ;)

You need to wait until you get your Ultra so you can download the patches and try them out for yourself. Even though the Axe-FX does not have MP-1 specific models, it still has a lot of other amp models that are capable of getting some killer tones.

As far as how to layout the patches in the editor, I'm not quite sure what you mean by that. If you're referring to merely setting up patches, you'll need to read the manual to learn how to do that. If you're referring to recreating specific tones with the Axe-FX, well that's just experimentation and learning how the various elements in the Axe-FX can be used to craft a tone.

OK, I'm confused!
GAMERA207 said:
GAMERA207 said:
Well I consider my self to be an MP-1 purest...
GAMERA207 said:
My sound (as I make) is so taylored to my liking
If that is the case, surely you are only after a stock MP1 model!...which you can already get pretty close too with the AxeFX btw...I haven't felt the need to use my MP1 in the past two years...but the AxeFX has lead me to prefer different tones now anyway...

Wait until you get your AxeFX, your MP1 will probably gather much dust....post some of your MP1 tones if you can and I bet they can be copped and/or beaten....!

That said I have voted yes anyway (if only for a generic MP1) !!!

I'd love to have an MP-1 in the Axe. It's as important and influential as Soldanos, Mesas or Marshalls were.

Don't care too much about the mods since that's what the advanced tabs are for ;) .

Mr. Matt_B,
Do you know my tone.....? Do you know what my sound sounds like....? :shock: :)
Do you know how I have my MP-1 set up......?

The only answer you can possible have is "No" x3

Oh by the way a friend of mind has an Axe-Fx ultra & I have tried it...but it's not mine.....! :(

What do I mean by the lay out picture this the layout of the grid unknow the 4x12 efficts grid...
if you need more of an explanation....what i mean is what is in each & every block in your patch...?

...also I do have a copy of the manual....which I got from the forum......

Now so that you will know I have an idea about how your patch may be made , but it doesn't make me you. and it doesnt make my idea & your patch one & the same.
now you made your patch I didnt.....

Now I hope this is clear to you reguarding what I am talking about..... If not please have a english major break this all down for you in words that you are able to comprehend......Now i mean no disrespect.

By the way I'm an Electrical Engineer............and I thought this area was a wish list area for the Axe-fx unit......

Mr. please tell me how the patch is laid out in the effects block..

BUDha

Mr. Griffin,

I will address your post in reverse.

thanks for being on board with the wish of wanting to have a MP-1 model....!!!
I have no doubt about me archiving my MP-1 after getting my Ultra........one of my main reasons for
having a AXE-FX is being able to have all of that models (AMPS) under one unit...for reasons that i need them for...... :ugeek: :lol: :D :cool: :eek:

Now as I have experianced & even as you've said the AXE-FX does come close....close---no cigar...!

Well as far as when I get my Ultra...I dont think I'll be able to archive my MP-1 untill the AXE-FX's MP-1 model is able to do what just like my Original MP-1.

I've been using an ADA MP-1 for just over 20 years & havent been able to find anything that will do
exactly what it does....kudos to you for finding amps that have been able to do that magic for you.

So till The dream becomes reality...I'll be wishing.....

BUDHA

Mr. VegaBaby.

No Truer statement has ever been made about the MP-1 .....because The MP-1 set the standard in distortion realm. Hey it's the unit in which legions of players not just guitarist but also bassiest
made their signature sound......to name a couple...
Les Claypol
Victor Wooton
well let me stop @ that.......

Mr. Vega.......nice to have you as an aly....

viva Le MP-1 BUDHA

GAMERA207 said:
Mr. Matt_B, Do you know my tone.....? Do you know what my sound sounds like....?:shock: :) Do you know how I have my MP-1 set up......? The only answer you can possible have is "No" x3
Yeah, so what's your point? An MP-1 is an MP-1, mods not withstanding. If you have other gear in your current rig then by all means let us know what it is. I am not aware of any clairvoyants among us.

What do I mean by the lay out picture this the layout of the grid unknow the 4x12 efficts grid...if you need more of an explanation....what i mean is what is in each & every block in your patch...?
Someone else was already kind enough to post a link to the thread that has links to the MP-1 3TM patches I made. Download the patches and load them up in the latest version of the Axe-FX editor. That will show you all you need to see.

Now so that you will know I have an idea about how your patch may be made , but it doesn't make me you. and it doesnt make my idea & your patch one & the same. now you made your patch I didnt.....
The point of sharing patches here is to help each other out by at least giving folks a starting point

Now I hope this is clear to you reguarding what I am talking about..... If not please have a english major break this all down for you in words that you are able to comprehend......Now i mean no disrespect.
No disrespect to you but don't patronize me. I don't know if English is your native tongue but your posts are sloppy. I couldn't easily decipher precisely what you were trying to communicate so I kindly asked you to clarify your question.

Back
Top Bottom