Active or passive tone controls ?

frankiev

Experienced
I did a search and found nothing on weather most of you guys use active or passive . In addition, the presets that everyone posts never refers to which is used . So... What do most of you use ,active or passive and why?

I use whatever is default, which I believe is passive. I have never had a reason to change it, so I have just stuck with that.

I use passive on most anything music if I have the choice as long as I have good tone to start. The Axe has been the same so far but I would just use your ears. The more I use this Axe II the more I love it. I cant wait till they do some big updates and really get the unit running smooth and add to it more and better effects

The vast majority of amps have passive tone controls. Using active controls (allowing boost as well as cut) makes dialing trickier... in that, smaller adjustments go along way. Personally, I never touch that option... passive controls are what I'm used to.

I'd say 99% of people use passive, as are found in most amplifiers. A passive EQ is cut only, an active EQ can add or subtract. Given the graphic EQ in the Amp block, where you can add, I see no point in the active choice in the Axe II.

Back
Top Bottom