Acoustic preamp question

bigfoamfinger

Inspired
So I’m looking into doing some singer songwriter stuff, playing my band’s material in a solo acoustic fashion, to ambient backing tracks.

Quick question—I was planning on running my acoustics through my III for all pre, comp, effects, etc BUT is there any benefit to running the guitars through an LR Baggs preamp pedal before it hits the III?

New to this whole setup and concept so just looking for info as questions come up.

I use both an Ax3 and FM3 regularly for an acoustic setup. Some patches are a combination of Eq’d signal and an acoustic IR in parallel, others are based around a multiband compressor.

That said, I do miss having my Grace Audio preamp in the chain. Having knobs to quickly grab problematic feedback or to quickly shape my tone works way better than diving into edit screens or even performance knobs. Sounds silly, but…

Great question, I have just been playing acoustic the last couple of years and dabbling in various settings. Basically I have been satisfied, but have wondered if one of the acoustic amps/pedals might offer more. I have not pulled the trigger on one to compare. So, now the only advantage in another acoustic amp might be the addition of vocals. I pretty old, don't have ambition's of playing out. However, my wife is a pretty loud singer, who I would play with, and does not need an amp. I'm mainly using the FM3 and some FM9.

Back
Top Bottom