Acoustic Distortion. Lots of fun.

Ant Music

Fractal Fanatic
Here is me mucking about with the Axe Fx 2 and and my Maton Acoustic EM425C 12 string trying out some parallel Acoustic Distortion tones that I am quite happy with. Also sounds good at performance levels. Surprisingly I seem to be having no trouble with feedback. Strange that so many people are trying to get their Electric guitars to sound convincingly like an Acoustic. I've been trying the opposite. Thought I'd try some old Tool for this demo. I'm not 100% happy with the Wah tone. Seems to be a bit of notching going on. I'll sort it out though.

Acoustic Distortion by Ant Connelly on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

I sometimes use my Taylor T5 and it is excellent ! ...

Cool! Yeah I'm diggin it. Certainly is a bit of a game changer for doing live stuff and really changes up what kinda parts you can put into a song. No longer only restricted to acoustic type phrases. Is the Taylor equipped with a magnetic pickup? Mine is straight under saddle Piezos.

I actually recorded this using Firmware 6.02. I'm behind the times. I used the Brit 800 model, (can't believe it's gone!) for this tone and I honestly don't want to lose it. Plus all the troubles people are having with Axe Edit at the moment. Can't be arsed updating. I've got too many gigs on at the moment. I need stability over 10 or more new amps that I'm realistically never going to get round to.

My buddy did this in a session I helped him with a few months ago.
Its so counter intuitive IMHO that I didnt expect it to come out as
cool sounding. Your example is just as cool. Thanks for the clip.
Makes me think Adam Jones from Tool would like this setup/tone.

very cool sounds! Based on what I am hearing from you
I would love to see what monte montgomery would do with an axe-fx2!

Cool! Yeah I'm diggin it. Certainly is a bit of a game changer for doing live stuff and really changes up what kinda parts you can put into a song. No longer only restricted to acoustic type phrases. Is the Taylor equipped with a magnetic pickup? Mine is straight under saddle Piezos.

I actually recorded this using Firmware 6.02. I'm behind the times. I used the Brit 800 model, (can't believe it's gone!) for this tone and I honestly don't want to lose it. Plus all the troubles people are having with Axe Edit at the moment. Can't be arsed updating. I've got too many gigs on at the moment. I need stability over 10 or more new amps that I'm realistically never going to get round to.

geamala .... Answer to your question:

T5 Bridge Pickup

A stacked humbucker located near the bridge, this is the only pickup that’s visible on the guitar. When played through an electric amp, this pickup can swing from Tele tones to vintage Gretsch to full-blown humbucker.

T5 Dynamic Neck Pickup

The second stacked humbucker is buried in the neck joint, and can yield tones that range from warm and woody to fat and rowdy.

T5 Dynamic Body Sensor

Evolving from our Expression System technology, the T5 body sensor is over-wound and affixed to the underside of the top beyond the bridge to register the sparkling highs and acoustic shimmer of the soundboard.

Design | Taylor Guitars

Full on. Well with that in mind it should not be too difficult to get some decent electric tones out of that kind of PU configuration.

Being the case that my guitar is only equipped with an under saddle Piezo system I had to do try to mimic a magnetic PU. To do this I set up a parallel branch to my normal tone and used a PEQ which I blocked the highs and lows with that are so present in an acoustic tone. I also boosted the shit out of the mids. I then boosted the level of the PEQ block to simulate a booster/drive pedal in front of the Amp Block. As mentioned before I used the Brit 800 Block and I'm pretty sure I used a Stereo Cab with stock cabs (4X12 Mills 12K & 1X10 Gold). Hope this helps anyone trying to do this or something similar.

Back
Top Bottom