Wish Ability to select whether layouts are per preset or global.

rcm78

Experienced
I like to setup my FC12 so “most“ things are in the same place. If I could design a layout and set it to per preset I would only have to make a couple changes instead of using the Per Preset layout on every preset and building it from scratch.

I like to setup my FC12 so “most“ things are in the same place. If I could design a layout and set it to per preset I would only have to make a couple changes instead of using the Per Preset layout on every preset and building it from scratch.
You can use any layout you want, then customize only the switches you want to be different per preset.

That’s a layout though. The way it’s written it sounds like a feature. ¯\(ツ)
Well, the OP references "per preset" twice.

Reading again, I think you were probably referring to the first reference (which is what this wish is about, if I'm understanding correctly)...

I knew you know about the layout so now I'm less confused about your question :)

Use Overrides instead of Placeholders.
Wouldn't it be more intuitive and faster to just make the layouts either Per Preset or Global? Using overrides is just another way to accomplish what I am already doing with the Per Preset layout on EVERY preset...

Wouldn't it be more intuitive and faster to just make the layouts either Per Preset or Global? Using overrides is just another way to accomplish what I am already doing with the Per Preset layout on EVERY preset...
So like if you click a new preset, your unit automatically loads a specific layout for that preset?

Per preset layouts would take a lot of memory no?

Maybe - depends on your personal use case... but there are only 9 layouts... I don't think we're getting more.

Per-preset overrides aren't exactly the same as the per preset layout as they can be assigned to any switch on any layout.

Maybe - depends on your personal use case... but there are only 9 layouts... I don't think we're getting more.

Per-preset overrides aren't exactly the same as the per preset layout as they can be assigned to any switch on any layout.
Hmm, I haven’t delved into the overrides feature much. Just used it once to create a momentary switch for a flanger block. Other than the manual is there a good explanation to how these work? Maybe a video?

Hmm, I haven’t delved into the overrides feature much. Just used it once to create a momentary switch for a flanger block. Other than the manual is there a good explanation to how these work? Maybe a video?
I'm sure there's probably a video or two out there, but I'm a "manual guy" so that was all I needed..

Probably @2112 or @Cooper Carter have something you could watch.

Right now I’m using a per preset layout for each preset. I don’t think it adds any cpu usage to the preset.
Layouts are global. Those layouts take storage on the unit. You are asking for layouts to be per-preset, so now you need 512 times as much storage.

If I understand correctly, you're using the same layout (Per Preset) for all presets, correct? That's still a single layout...

Right now I’m using a per preset layout for each preset. I don’t think it adds any cpu usage to the preset.

You're defining the PP# slots for each preset, the Per Preset layout itself is global.

You'll have to define the changing switch functions you want for every single preset either way. There's no getting around that unless you just use regular static switch functions. You can mix and match switch types in any layout. There's nothing keeping you from putting static switches for the effects that are in every preset in that Per Preset layout. That would keep you from having to define the same switches over and over again in each preset.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom