Wish Ability to save knob states in addition to channels ABCD

What about giving users the option of adding additional scene controllers if they don't need all the other 57 controllers available? Also, adding the name of the block and parameter assignment to the scene controller list would be a huge improvement! I'm never going to remember WTF "Scene Controller 1: 56%" means.

What about giving users the option of adding additional scene controllers if they don't need all the other 57 controllers available? Also, adding the name of the block and parameter assignment to the scene controller list would be a huge improvement! I'm never going to remember WTF "Scene Controller 1: 56%" means.
The idea of "optional" settings has been floated in several ways, but it breaks down when someone tries to share a preset. How do you transfer those optional settings to others?

Consider this, if there are 57 controllers, that'd be 4.052692e+76 combinations of options. The Fractal ecology would end up with myriads of combinations of optional settings. That's not manageable or maintainable.

Just what came to my mind (for those who haven't seen it):
Apart from the control switches, the "controllers" have also different 4 different channels. This may come handy if you run out of them for a distinct scene.

I have no real opinion as I am just getting staeted in the modelling world with the fm3. But easy use and the helix snapshots sound like a smart thing. Mb we get sth similar down the line. I will follow the thread and mb something new pops up ;)!

I have no real opinion as I am just getting staeted in the modelling world with the fm3. But easy use and the helix snapshots sound like a smart thing. Mb we get sth similar down the line. I will follow the thread and mb something new pops up ;)!
Just a hint... don't abbreviate things like "mb" and "sth". You reduce the readability of a post with rdm n nncry abvtns which discourage people from trying to help.

Expanding the number of channels to eight and hard-linking the channels to scenes would accomplish this.
It'd REALLY like to see channels expanded to eight per block. That way, we could have a separate channel per scene if needed.

It provides harmony in the universe and peace to our hearts.

Considering 4 channels is probably the limit, you would need to expand parameters you can control in each scene. So you would be able to select a channel and have different parameters for it in scenes 4 and 5 but not e.g. different amp models in the channel.

This could be done by increasing the amount of scene controllers drastically or probably easier would be to have a per scene control value mapping similar to Line6 Helix where you can control up to 64 different params in each scene. There's benefits to both ways, scene controllers make it easy to see what the value for the mapping is in each scene.

Back
Top Bottom