A5 user

Gasp100

Power User
I guess I have a smaller recording/monitoring setup than some others. I have one of those recording "desks" that have a six space rack embedded, shelf for monitors and PC monitor, slid out keyboard drawer, etc...
I bought the Mackie MR8's and they were freakin huge... WAY too big, the sound was loud and pretty tight, but I felt the highs were harsh and they sounded way better listening to produced music than actually playing/recording music.
I also owned an old set of Tannoy Reveal's (passive) and they were great workhorses, but the same type of complaints. Bass was a tad hyped, upper mids and high a bit "stringent".
I got a set of Adam A5's scratch & dent (although I can't see a mark on them)... best purchase ever to pair with my recording setup AND the AxeFX. I've sold off all of my booteek tube amps, this is more than enough for my home playing, critical monitoring, mixing, recording, listening. Just super sweet (and neutral) across the full spectrum (if that's possible :)
No bumps, no humps, not tweaked in anyway towards the AxeFX or guitar playing (which is a good thing imho) and great for all applications. The size is perfect for my setup too. Love em!

Back
Top Bottom