A quick recording`s evolution... your thoughts?

Microdomus

Inspired
As I was tweeking settings yesterday, I ended up with this great patch based around the Mark IV amp. I got the inspiration from "Superman`s" Slipknot Mark IV patch, hope he`ll forgive me :mrgreen

So... I recorded this quick riff, but as I`ve become more and more interested in mixing and mastering the stuff, I thought I`d do a comparison track. The followings in this track are: 1 - raw recording, 2 - mixed, 3 - mixed and mastered. Never mind the recording itself, it`s probably not the best type of recording to get all the nuances that a process like this can bring forth.
This is my first time really "mixing" using specific plugins, and definitely my first attempt at mastering something. I`ll probably do a remix of the "No More Faith" medley I put out last week, within the next coming days.

Anyways... I`d like to hear some thought from you great people, how is it sounding on your PCs and speakers? Constructive criticism is welcome!:encouragement:

Mix is bass heavy. Mix/master is better on the bass, but the guitars are a little gritty.

Not that the tone on Lightning was that great, but the (combined) guitars were a little smoother.

Thanx for the feedback, folks!:encouragement:

What DAW do you use? What plugins for mixing and mastering?

I`m using Logic Pro 9. The plugins that I`ve used are the ones that were/are included with the DAW.

Mix is bass heavy. Mix/master is better on the bass, but the guitars are a little gritty.

I agree.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom