A little late to the game but holy crap the Revv is amazing !

I'm going to have to revisit these amps. I have always like the tones I've heard from the Revv amps and models, but didn't immediately gel with them.

Rev Orange has become my weapon of choice for everything from mid gain chime to hard rock with a good drive in front.

yep. It's one of my favs.
try green for the ACDC vibe.
Purple is my go to mid to high gain replacement.
red can get crazy with the best of them if you alter the amp output curve.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll have my FM9 home for a couple of weeks and plan on doing a deep dive into these Revv amps; there are a couple I've really liked even after quickly auditioning them. There seems to be a wide range of tone colors to be explored in the various channels.

I find this amp to be like an blank canvas. It has mids that fits the marshall thing. It can do the 5150 thing. If scooped at the amp out eq, it can come close to the Recto thing. If I combine a Recto with a 5150, it's pretty close to the REVV sound out of the box. I use basically any v30 and/or greenback and it's good to go.
Same can be said for the green channel, if you want the marshall thing, add some mids. If you want more of thinner sound, cut the mids. It's a very versatile amp.
York, Ownhammer, Lancaster, Celestion, Sinmix IRs, they all work. I don't use dynacabs. Not my thing at the moment.

This thread prompted me to give the Revv Green a try. Really liked the low gain sounds paired with the Friedman 4x12 v30 dyna cab.

Which other cabs are you pairing the Revv with?
What mics and positions are you using? I just picked up the pack yesterday, but didn't have much time to start mixing mics.

I've personally have been messing with the TV pack and have had decent results, but still have some work to do to find the right mics/positions.

Rev Orange has become my weapon of choice for everything from mid gain chime to hard rock with a good drive in front.
How do I unlock the Orange version? Do I have to enter the Atari code on the Axe somehow?

(This is just a joke. I suspect you meant Purple, based on key proximity and autocorrect being a ****.)

Back
Top Bottom