A little advice needed please

Frank C

Hey all,

Im about to receive my Axe FX ultra this week and i was hoping to ask a few questions,

what kind of rack mountable power conditioners/strips are you guys using, the prices for these things are all over the map i just dont want to get anything that is not going to protect the unit.

Also what midi device are you using as well for your computer to talk to your axe. could you also recommend a good rack, i will be running a power conditioner, axe fx and the Art Sla2 with a LFC pro controller

this will be my first real venture into a rack system and i want to start off on the right foot

thanks

Frank

Furman power conditioners are a good bet. I like to use something with at least a voltage read out display. The Axe is said to be pretty robust in the fact that it can be run without one so it's a matter of preference and need. I had an ART SLA with a few power adaptors and was using it more for a power strip with a voltage readout than anything else, the power conditioning was a bonus.

I went with a Furman AR15 II. It does voltage regulation and power conditioning. I think Furman have recently obsoleted that model and replaced it with a newer model number.

Back
Top Bottom