A few MFC issues and questions

Tommy Tequila

Experienced
I'm transitioning my Ultra from a MidiMate to my new MFC (running in Axe-FX mode), and have a couple of issues...

Issue #1) I had tap tempo set up on the MidiMate, but obviously it wouldn't reflect the actual tempo. The MFC does a great job with that, but now I'm hearing a 'tick' sound every time the light flashes and I'm on a high gain patch (Marsha HBE, for example.)

Issue #2) With the MidiMate, I had one expression pedal (a Boss FV-200) running through it to control delay volumes, and a Mission SP-1R hooked directly to the Axe for wah. I'm now running two SP-1R into the MFC (as XP2 and 3) and am hearing scratchy/static sounds when I move the pedals. I didn't hear this before with the older setup. I have tried increasing the damping on the delay level and wah filter modifier settings, but it seems to make no difference whatsoever.

Question #3) I used a MidiMate IA button to toggle between two amps within a patch. How can I do that with the MFC in Axe-FX mode?

If it matters, I'm FRFR using a pair of Verve 12ma.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

TT

5.2 in MFC101 manual explains everything about disabling IAs default AxeFx function
and assigning it for "general use".
So you have to set it to none and then program it to send the same CC message as you did
on your Midimate, tho I guess you'd have to assign it in AxeFx manually once again
as you had to Reset System Parameters to start with, not sure 100%, still haven't received mine.

I hope someone will chime in to help you with pedals and tap tempo.

Muris,

Thanks for the suggestion!

It started me thinking, though, as I'd like to be able to maintain the LED's, etc. I tried setting a switch to Amp2, and assigned #38 (the Amp2 CC#) to an external. Setting the bypass modifiers on Amp1 and 2 in my layout to the external (but going in opposite directions), it actually worked! If Amp2 is in the patch, I can toggle between Amp 1 (clean) and 2 (dirty) with the switch acting like a regular channel switcher (green = clean, red = dirty.) It ain't perfect yet, as I need to hit the switch once before it all starts syncing up, but hey, not bad for a first try.

For single amp patches, the Amp2 light is off just like I'd want it to be.

Love your playing, btw.

TT

Back
Top Bottom