A/D Sensitivity Question?

Sorry if it’s been discussed 1000x’s, but I have my Imput 1 set to 60.9% and it works for all my guitars except my Musicman Axis. To get it to it clip I have to back it down all the way to 2.7!

I want to use my Axis in the set but will lowing it that low affect my other guitars? Could be me but it sounds ‘different’ 🤷🏼‍♂️

As long as it's not at zero, you should be good.

Hardware A/D Sensitivity Levels​

• The guitar's output signal enters the hardware through the instrument input. The first parameter that matters, is found at Setup : I/O : Input. The A/D Sensitivity parameters control the signal going into the analog-to-digital converter. Setting it correctly makes sure that minimal undesirable noise will enter the processor (aka signal-to-noise ratio or SNR).
  • The FM3 does not have these parameters. Instead, it provides Setup : I/O : Audio : Input Pad parameters.
  • The INPUT LEDs on the hardware correspond with these parameters.
  • Setting the parameters correctly means that the meter in Setup : I/O : Input doesn't go into red and there doesn't appear a warning about clipping. It’s common for some guitars not to hit red at all, which is nothing to worry about. If you have multiple guitars, just set the parameter for the loudest one, and leave it there. There’s 6 dB of headroom left when the hardware LED goes into red. There's 0.5 headroom left when the warning about clipping appears on screen.
  • IMPORTANT! The A/D parameters do NOT affect volume, tone or the amount of amp gain. That’s because the processor compensates.
  • When you page right from the Home menu, you reach the Meters page. The ANALOG IN meters show the same thing as the INPUT LEDs on the hardware, without the green / orange / red colors.
  • After the A/D conversion, the signal (the note or chord you struck on your guitar) is now in the so-called digital domain.

Back
Top Bottom