9 controllers?

jmpatrick

Inspired
I'm using a FCB1010 with the UNO chip to control my Ultra. The top row is set to change patches. The bottom row is stompbox switches Controller 1 - 5 and the two on-board pedals are Controller 6 and 7. I have also connected 2 EB pedals to Pedal 1 and Pedal 2 on the back of the Ultra. I've seemingly run out of Controllers on the Axe. I'm using Controller 8 for Pedal 1 but that's all. Is there a way to use Pedal 1 and Pedal 2, along with the 5 stomp switches and 2 onboard pedals?

jp

analog jacks on the back...
look up Switch 1/Switch 2 in the FCB manual.

[edit]
d'oh... nm... just realized you say you've got the EB's attached to the Ultra's jacks
[/edit]

just curious... what are you using the stompbox switches for?
if you're just toggling effects on/off, you typically don't use the External Controllers for that
(instead, use the block-specific bypass controls found under the I/O menu, CTRL page)

if you're using the External Controllers so that they can be different for each patch and not bound to a particular block, then you might consider using the non-stompbox switches on the FCB (or not using stompbox mode at all) and creating new FCB patches with the proper CC# effect assignments in each non-stomp footswitch (and removing PCs)

I've adopted the GT-8 method & have my stompbox #4 & #5 as CTL1 & CTL2. I'll use them differently in each patch while #1-#3 will be Drive-Delay-Modulation.

That combo will cover everything I want to do & leave me some flexibility.

Now to answer the OP's question:
Pedal 1 = Ext 1
Pedal 2 = Ext 2
Stomp #1 = Drive bypass (see I/O -> CTRL)
Stomp #2 = Delay bypass
Stomp #3 = Chorus bypass
Stomp #4 = Ext 4
Stomp #5 = Ext 5
Switch 1 = Ext 6
Switch 2 = Ext 7

Leaves you 2 more externals, but definitely considering using a global bypass & setting a CC to send values 0 - 127.

LAYGO said:
But thinking about it . . . why aren't there more External controllers?

IMO, if you can turn each block on/off with a CC controller you don't need more than 8 external controllers

voes said:
LAYGO said:
But thinking about it . . . why aren't there more External controllers?

IMO, if you can turn each block on/off with a CC controller you don't need more than 8 external controllers

Yes/no. You just get more flexibility with more ext controllers.

All the different bypass modes are great . . . . if you have access to 20 IAs ala FX1/MFC01

I guess I never knew I had bypass options seperate from the 8 controllers. Works great for all of my on/off toggling. However, when I set it up that way I get the yellow "edited" light every time I use a switch to toggle the bypass. Is this normal?

jmpatrick said:
I guess I never knew I had bypass options seperate from the 8 controllers. Works great for all of my on/off toggling. However, when I set it up that way I get the yellow "edited" light every time I use a switch to toggle the bypass. Is this normal?
Yes, it's normal -- since if you save the patch afterward, it will be saved with the updated bypass state.

voes said:
"need"? psha! I definitely want more... like... 32... maybe... so I can assign each to a knob on a BCR2000. Realistically, I probably wouldn't use more than 16 though. Maybe.

Back
Top Bottom