7.00 to 8.00 CPU Exceeded

Ragnarok314

Hello. Had my FM3 mkII turbo for a day and saw that the firmware and cabs need to be updated. Followed directions and got everything installed, and now all the presets are using ~20% more CPU. Some of my favorite presets are now exceeding the limit, and it feels like I broke my new favorite toy.

Is there a way to downgrade to 7.00?

Is there a different fix that I am missing? Thank you.

To add to this, it was a preset from John Cordy that worked great in 7.00, but upon updating it exceeds the CPU limit even when everything is bypassed.

Is there a way to update them for 8.00/9.00?

Bypassing doesn’t reduce CPU ever.

Link to the preset so we can help otherwise we’re just guessing.

I’m not aware of a change from 7 to 8 that would cause 20% increase everywhere.

That’s weird. Are you running high quality reverb? I have never seen a firmware jump that large. For me it seems like I’m using less cpu now than I did on 7. I suggest going to the 9 beta. Many changes and better tone. You can go backwards but you’d be missing out on some nice improvements.

That’s weird. Are you running high quality reverb? I have never seen a firmware jump that large. For me it seems like I’m using less cpu now than I did on 7. I suggest going to the 9 beta. Many changes and better tone. You can go backwards but you’d be missing out on some nice improvements.
One issue was solved with updating the cabs. I went from 8.00 to 9.00 and the requisite downloads.

However, the presets not intrinsic to Fractal all exceed the CPU usage, even the ones that were on the lower end. Makes me think it is a problem with presets made in 7.00.

Simply export the Preset (or Preset bundle, if using a custom cab, and if this is allowed - you may not be able to export a cab that everyone else didn't pay for!). Once exported and saved on your PC, you should be able to attach it as a post.

As others say, FW changes alone shouldn't spike your CPU by 20%. I suspect your reverbs are High or Ultra quality - bump these down to normal or economy. Also, your cabs (if Legacy cabs) might be Ultra-Res. Change these to standard. Lastly, remove any unnecessary Shunts, and/or remove any Blocks that aren't used in the Preset.

Did you RANF (Refresh After New Firmware), and did you update/reset all Presets? There were some pretty big changes from FW7 to FW8, so it is important to go through all the steps necessary to optimise the FM3T.

Last edited:
Simply export the Preset (or Preset bundle, if using a custom cab, and if this is allowed - you may not be able to export a cab that everyone else didn't pay for!). Once exported and saved on your PC, you shoulf be able to attach it as a post.

As others say, FW changes alone shouldn't spike your CPU by 20%. I suspect your reverbs are High or Ultra quality - bump these down to normal or economy. Also, your cabs (if Legacy cabs) might be Ultra-Res. Change these to standard. Lastly, remove any unnecessary Shunts, and/or remove any Blocks that aren't used in the Preset.

Did you RANF (Refresh After New Firmware), and did you update/reset all Presets? There were some pretty big changes from FW7 to FW8, so it is important to go through all the steps necessary to optimise the FM3T.
I figured it out based on what everyone here has said.

What happened was these presets were made in previous iterations. I started copying the blocks one by one to figure out the issues, and what happened was many of the settings had defaulted to the Ultra High modes rather than only a few of them. Sorting it out now since there are a bunch to go through.

Thank you all for your help.

Back
Top Bottom