4CM Help

pelk21

I recently started using my Axe Fx III in 4CM with my 50 watt SLO clone and had a question about building presets for it. I have it set up so that I can use the Crunch and Overdrive channels on the amp with a clean sound using an amp model from the Axe Fx III. I am doing this using two presets at the moment. The first preset has two chains. One goes into the front of the amp and the other is in the effects loop. The second preset has a single chain bypassing the front of the amp and goes into the effects return of the amp.

Is it possible to combine them into a single preset that can use the crunch or overdrive channel of my amp in one scene and switch to another scene and bypass the amp and go into the effects return?

I recently started using my Axe Fx III in 4CM with my 50 watt SLO clone and had a question about building presets for it. I have it set up so that I can use the Crunch and Overdrive channels on the amp with a clean sound using an amp model from the Axe Fx III. I am doing this using two presets at the moment. The first preset has two chains. One goes into the front of the amp and the other is in the effects loop. The second preset has a single chain bypassing the front of the amp and goes into the effects return of the amp.

Is it possible to combine them into a single preset that can use the crunch or overdrive channel of my amp in one scene and switch to another scene and bypass the amp and go into the effects return?

yes, just put the clean amp in the signal path when you're on the clean scene, then bypass it in the crunch and OD scene. Just make sure the amp block is being sent to the power stage/effects return of your signal path.

Meant to get back to this with more detail... life got in the way. Here's a screenshot & preset of how I'm running FAS amps and 4CM in the same preset. Scenes 3-4-5 use the tube amp's pre (the crazy high gain stuff, also using a SLO clone).

IT IS NOT DIALED IN YET and likewise probably sounds like shit (or awesome, IDK) depending on your setup, but the routing works. Preset file is from a III/Turbo. There's also several modifiers/momentary switches/weird stuff going on, so be sure to bypass anything you're not certain of before it goes into self-oscillation and murders you in your sleep (maybe). Good luck.

Physical Routing:
Guitar --> In1
Out3
--> tube amp input
tube amp send --> In4
Out1 --> In3 is a separately looped reverb pedal I like and you don't really need in this.
Out4 --> tube amp return
tube amp speaker out --> Two Notes loadbox/DI
Two Notes speaker out --> real cab
Two Notes DI out --> In2
Out2
--> FOH/FRFR/Interface (basically a DI signal that includes the same tube amp's PA... goal was to get a direct line as close to the sound of the real cab on stage as possible, and is still a work in progress).

1664383762422.png

Attachments

• Rotti 4CM TEMPLATE.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 3
Thank you both for your responses. I finally had some time to sit down and play around with it. I got it to work by following what @Rotti had posted above.

Back
Top Bottom