4cm clipping output

eda123

Inspired
Hopefully an easy and/or silly question. I’m using the stock 4cm method outlined in the manual. 8 have a melon model set to boost into the front of my amp, but I’m getting a clipping red LED for output 3 which feeds the front of the amp. If I turn down the boost, it’s not slamming the front of the amp hard enough. Any suggestions on how to get a nice boost without causing a clipping D/A ?

I think you might just turn down the output 1 knob or turn down the level knob in one or more blocks in the preset. Most folks will use the level knob in the amp block.

This is 4CM so no amp block. Output3 is all the way up for unity gain. I can turn down the drive block but then I’m not boosting the front of the amp as much so it is counter productive. Any other ideas?

Check your global audio settings for output 3. If you have the boost/pad set to a higher value (ie 18), it reduces output headroom significantly.

This is 4CM so no amp block. Output3 is all the way up for unity gain. I can turn down the drive block but then I’m not boosting the front of the amp as much so it is counter productive. Any other ideas?
Did you try turning down the Output 1 knob?

Back
Top Bottom