Not a Bug 4.0 - Out 2 Block Meters Not Displaying

jholt

I updated to 4.0 and now the level meters on the Output 2 block in FM3-Edit and on the FM3's layout screen do not seem to be showing levels. Audio seems to be fine.

Are you using an Output 2 block or Copy Output 1?

I think this might be the same thing @teddis was mentioning in another thread.

What FW were you using before?

@Rex may also be interested

Are you using an Output 2 block or Copy Output 1?

I think this might be the same thing @teddis was mentioning in another thread.

What FW were you using before?

@Rex may also be interested

I forget the version I was on before upgrading. I'm using an Out 2 block to send to wet effects pedals back in to an In 2 block like I have for the past year with my FM3. I always check the meters on the zoomed out Layout screen on the FM3 to make sure I'm not clipping them. I didn't change a thing when upgrading to 4.0 and now the 2L and 2R meters don't show a thing, but audio is fine.

I mentioned it in other threads as well ...
For me, the out 2 level meter are unusable - out 2 can also clip without having the meters really high.
Having out 2 in a unity gain setup, it's trial and error and guessing/trying to avoid clipping and correct levels ...
In 3.0.x, it could behave like the out 1 meters.
You can only get this back when you switch out 2 setup to line level - but this is not quite right in some scenarios ..

I mentioned it in other threads as well ...
For me, the out 2 level meter are unusable - out 2 can also clip without having the meters really high.
Having out 2 in a unity gain setup, it's trial and error and guessing/trying to avoid clipping and correct levels ...
In 3.0.x, it could behave like the out 1 meters.
You can only get this back when you switch out 2 setup to line level - but this is not quite right in some scenarios ..
Hmmm, interesting. This seems pretty vital to be able to get a reliable professional rig setup. I don’t know why they didn’t address it in the new update. I use mine for Nashville sessions all the time so avoiding clipping is kinda important.

Back
Top Bottom