Wish 3-tap (off/x/y) ability on buttons assigned to fx

ByTheHandOf

Inspired
If ie drive one has OD on X, and a fuzz on Y, it would be awesome, if i could be possible if you, from off state, could press the button once to activate to OD. Then press once more (or double tab from off) for fuzz and yet again to turn off.
This would be awesome for basically all fx (and amps!!)

That is similiar to everyone asking for MFC button's to work like the bottons on FX and AX8's. It doesn't seem like it is possible

If ie drive one has OD on X, and a fuzz on Y, it would be awesome, if i could be possible if you, from off state, could press the button once to activate to OD. Then press once more (or double tab from off) for fuzz and yet again to turn off.
This would be awesome for basically all fx (and amps!!)

You wouldn't really want it to opperate that way, and let me explain why. If you had to press once to turn on effect state x, then press again to go to effect state y, then press again to turn effect off.....if you wanted to go from effect state x on to effect off immediately there would be no quick way to do it without having to cycle through effect state y. Now, you did mention double click to turn on effect state y, but who is going to determine the speed of the double click required? That leaves the door open for if you double click too slow, then you are just going to turn the effect on and off again.... or if you do it too fast for that matter. The most logical way to have this programmed is the way the FX8/AX8 are programed to allow click and hold to activate Y state of a given effect block. That way, you have the normal click to turn on effect state X, then click and hold to turn on effect state y, then a simple click again to turn it off, or another click and hold to go back to effect state x. This has been asked for since the FX8 has been released and to my knowledge it has never been addressed by anyone at Fractal. I would take that to mean that either A) it can't be done or B) if it can, they don't feel like addressing it or programming it for the MFC. Now, taking into account Fractals track record on improvements they make based on logical requests and suggestions made on the Forum and by Beta Testers.....I would like to firmly believe that if it were as simple as a programming thing they could release with an update, they would have done it already as the FX8 has been out for over a year and the requests for these functions started after it was released. I just take it that eventhough it would be nice to have, I just don't think its possible without releasing a new version of the MFC. That's just my thoughts and observations.

Back
Top Bottom