• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

2020 AxeFxTutorials update

Mesaholic

Inspired
Chris, sorry to hear about your misfortune. You have been one of the consistently helpful people on this forum for many years. Best wishes that you start healing and 2020 is your comeback year.

lauke-lux

Power User
Wishing you the best ever Chris. Please consider to undergo a MRI scan supported by a good neurologist. Kind greetings and best wishes for 2020.

Joe Bfstplk

Fractal Fanatic
Wishing you the best ever Chris. Please consider to undergo a MRI scan supported by a good neurologist. Kind greetings and best wishes for 2020.
Yeah, don't let the insurance company screw you with just an x-ray. Soft tissue damage/issues don't show up on x-rays.

Anthony76

Inspired
I know that all too well. What has helped me is some exercise, and planking several times a day, just very briefly each time. Good luck with it.

hippietim

Fractal Fanatic
I've spent the last 30 years in pain from my neck and shoulders - ranging from a steady 4 or 5 out of 10 up to probably a 9.5 out of 10. I finally talked to a buddy of mine that is highly regarded in the PT field and he recommended me to someone. I have literally left every single visit feeling improved. Now we're focusing on my hands which are a mess too. Best wishes on a speedy recovery Chris.

Rich G.

Experienced
Sorry to hear about your injury! Your tutorials have been quite helpful over the years. Even the older ones are a good reference. It's those things that I end up having to do once every other year that make them very useful.

AndyOrr

Experienced
Chris, you helped me often and I donated to your site several times. Allow me to help you. I’ve had two back surgeries - laminectomies for ruptured discs. The first one was very similar to your injury. The second was sciatica caused by overuse from cycling. I’m 56 years old now. I still ski bumps, lift weights, ride mountain bikes and am 95% functional. You need to manage your health care moreso than the old days so, please take this advice.

1. Stop chiropractic. I believe in chiropractors for structural maintenance stuff. However, in my experience, they are the enemies of soft tissue injuries. Cancel your next Chiro appointment and get in to your primary care physician or an orthopedic surgeon if your insurance allows.

2. GET AN MRI!!! Have your MRI read by a surgeon and schedule a surgery consult to discuss your options.

3. If you smoke, stop. I see a lot of people who regret back surgery. They’ve all been smokers. I don’t know the why’s and how’s but I know what I see. Smoking is bad for recovering back injuries.

4. On your doctor’s advice, you will be walking upright for one mile the day after your surgery. You will be mostly pain free. It gets better from there.

5. Post surgery - Strengthen your gut and your hamstrings. I found this out years before they were calling this “core strengthening”. Keeping a balance of strength between stomach, quads and hamstrings is essential. A few planks and a couple leg curls with a strength band a day is all you need.

I cannot emphasize enough - get that MRI! That is the ONLY way to diagnose your injury.

Surgery saved my life. The last one I did was in 2008. Eight-weeks to the day after that surgery, I got lost in the desert of Moab on my mountain bike. What started as a 15 mile ride turned in to 47 miles of suffering. I was fine.

Good luck! Keep us posted.

Last edited:
Top Bottom