2 questions.. FX8 X/Y buttons & Whammy

Bash_Man

Hey everyone,
I want to use my FX8 MK-ii more in-depth rather than just a "simple" multi-effects unit.

Currently using the bottom 4 buttons as scene buttons in conjunction with the built-in relays to switch channels on my amp (Splawn Nitro).

The top 4 buttons I am using as dedicated effects such as Chorus, Delay and reverb. Also have a Wah block, pitch shift and noise gate.

In regards to the X/Y, am I able to assign 2 different effects between the X and Y buttons? or can I setup the same effect with 2 different parameters between X/Y?

In regards to the pitch shifer block.. anyone has been able to achieve a whammy effect similarly to having a dedicated Whammy pedal for 2 octaves up?

any info would be great.

Thanks

From memory, the X/Y setup is only limited by having to be the same effect type. For example, if X is a Delay then Y must also be a Delay, however the Delay effect types can be different in each state.

No experience or info regarding the whammy effect.

From memory, the X/Y setup is only limited by having to be the same effect type. For example, if X is a Delay then Y must also be a Delay, however the Delay effect types can be different in each state.

No experience or info regarding the whammy effect.
Hey thanks for the info. That's what I am looking for. Want to assign the Pitch block but have each of the X/Y have their own setting of the same block.

Will have to test it.

Thank you

hey everyone,
So I ran into an issue and am not sure how to fix this. Whenever I set the sound/parameters on X to get it to sound the way I want it, and then go set Y to the sound/parameters I want, the settings on Y throw all the settings on X off.

So I have an expression pedal plugged into Pedal 2, I have the Pitch Block with X being advanced whammy set to drop 2 octaves (dive bomb effect) and then Y being advanced whammy (whammy 2 octaves up). When I set Y to be the whammy 2 octaves up, the pedal curves get affected on X.

I've tried to set the Mix parameter on both X/Y NOT to be global.

is it because I use the same pedal source for both and need to use a different source? ie: Pedal 1 for Y and Pedal 2 for Y?

Any assistance would be great.

Thank you

hey everyone,
So I ran into an issue and am not sure how to fix this. Whenever I set the sound/parameters on X to get it to sound the way I want it, and then go set Y to the sound/parameters I want, the settings on Y throw all the settings on X off.

So I have an expression pedal plugged into Pedal 2, I have the Pitch Block with X being advanced whammy set to drop 2 octaves (dive bomb effect) and then Y being advanced whammy (whammy 2 octaves up). When I set Y to be the whammy 2 octaves up, the pedal curves get affected on X.

I've tried to set the Mix parameter on both X/Y NOT to be global.

is it because I use the same pedal source for both and need to use a different source? ie: Pedal 1 for Y and Pedal 2 for Y?

Any assistance would be great.

Thank you
Modifiers are shared between X and Y. so the pedal setup, the graph, curves, etc. that screen called Modifiers is shared.

Modifiers are shared between X and Y. so the pedal setup, the graph, curves, etc. that screen called Modifiers is shared.
Aww ok. Thanks for the info Chris.

So would the solution for this for me would be to create a new bank of scenes with the Pitch block configured differently?

Aww ok. Thanks for the info Chris.

So would the solution for this for me would be to create a new bank of scenes with the Pitch block configured differently?
Doesn't each bank have a set of 8 presets and each preset have a set of 8 scenes? Maybe have a preset with Pitch whammy 2 octave up and one preset for Pitch whammy 2 octave down?

Doesn't each bank have a set of 8 presets and each preset have a set of 8 scenes? Maybe have a preset with Pitch whammy 2 octave up and one preset for Pitch whammy 2 octave down?
I think that's gonna be my only option. The FX8 only allows 1 block of pitch, and modifier info is shared if it's within the same scene. So I'll have to create another bank of 4 scenes with the pitch block as 2 octaves up and setup my current bank of 4 scenes with Pitch as 2 octaves down.

Back
Top Bottom