1983 Dan Smith Strat

Kelleys Heroes

Experienced
This '83 almost literally landed in my lap yesterday, and it cost about the same as the parts I bought for a guitar I'm having built right now. It has a few minor electronics issues, and a weird bridge/useless trem. It plays and sounds sweet. I like it better than my original '77 Strat.

Wondering what people think of these.

Attachments

• IMG_2577.jpeg
    IMG_2577.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 68
That was a third party add on .Fender never fitted them.
Weren’t they made by Schaller? I had an Elite with one. I know Ty Tabor’s had them. Bulky contraption. Funny all the hoops that were jumped through by manufacturers to avoid the Floyd design back in the day.

Weren’t they made by Schaller? I had an Elite with one. I know Ty Tabor’s had them. Bulky contraption. Funny all the hoops that were jumped through by manufacturers to avoid the Floyd design back in the day.
It was Schaller and also sold under the Fender brand (my mistake sorry I remembered it a Schaller product). But I am sure that they weren't fitted on anything as stock.

It was Schaller and also sold under the Fender brand (my mistake sorry I remembered it a Schaller product). But I am sure that they weren't fitted on anything as stock.
Remember those lever locknuts on strats around 86-87? Did they actually work well? I never played one. Seems they would since the lock was part of the nut like a Floyd instead of a behind the nut design like a Kahler.

Remember those lever locknuts on strats around 86-87? Did they actually work well? I never played one. Seems they would since the lock was part of the nut like a Floyd instead of a behind the nut design like a Kahler.
Yes but it was quite easy to break the bolt.

Back
Top Bottom